Chapter 3

Flying on top of him for the next hour brought a rush of memories back, thinking of some of their past adventures together. Leaning forward she hugged the dragon a little tighter than usual. 

"Everything okay empress?" 

"Yes..I'm fine, I just....missed you." 

"Aye, I have missed you too." 

"I've been flying you here for well over a decade- what's one more trip?" 

She giggled. "That's why I've missed you." 

"I know it well," He replied.

             As she loosed her grip on his neck, peering down at the world under them; it felt as though no one else existed in this moment but the two of them. It was like a euphoric dream state- she truly loved him, down to his very soul, mood swings and all. 

"Do you need to rest?" She asked him, like old times. 

"Have you been talking to Kadrid?" He barked.

"No, why?" 

"She feels I'm too old for my adventurous spirit," He reluctantly confessed.

"Did she eat a bad batch of poisoned bat wings or something?" 

Soranto let out a hearty laugh, sounding more like a viking warrior instead of a dragon before nose diving just above a field of trees. She just rolled her eyes. 

"Show off." 

"You are surprised by this?" 

"No," She replied as they entered the outskirts of fairy territory.

"I'll have you in front of lily's castle in under fifteen," He announced.

"That's my dragon," She cooed.