Chapter 14

A few minutes escaped them when the empress returned with a few of Daniel's close friends. This time Jim, Richard and his mate Veronia walked in the library  He turned to see them, looking at him with empathetic glances. 

"Thank you all for coming, it means a lot to me," He told them, then added "There are beverages and snacks over there. I'm not sure who else is coming." 

"She was a sweet person and a beautiful soul. We all loved her like a sister," Veronia told him.

Daniel hugged her and Richard at the same time. The moment he let go of them, saying the only thing he could. "I can't thank you enough for coming," 

"We couldn't make you do this alone," Jim spoke up from behind them.

"Thanks, brother." "You got it man." 

          Then there was the next knock on the outer door of the castle. More witches, warlocks and hybrids came to say goodbye to sorceress Zeta, forever. 

The empress helped out, answering the door every few minutes, making introductions and directing people to thier seats as the library filled quickly. 

Pandora and Salem came to pay thier respects along with most of the village in the nucandu territory. Smitty the pub owner was there. He ha known most of the warlock since childhood. He sat right behind the warlocks. 

By the time everyone had arrived and found thier seats, the nocturnal hour had befallen them. Daniel rose slowly, taking a deep breath. He didn't want to say anything. No amount of words would bring back his soul's mate. However he knew that he needed to say something. He nodded to the crowd in front of him. His friends, those the warlocks protected, even a few people he'd only met once showed up for the wake. 

Then an interesting thought struck him like a rock to the head. He knew exactly how it would go; as he glanced back at the last bed Zeta would ever have.