Chapter 39

It was well after mid-day when the empress slowly opened one eye. Her thoughts faded from the realm of dreams to her waking life.  Slow ad steady, sitting up for a few minutes, thinking of the events of the night before, she instinctively rang for Sage. 

Pixie brew, then function, she thought climbing off the bed and tossing on one of her dark blue and silver robes. Five minutes passed when Sage knocked. 

"Come in," She said and he opened the door. 

"Morning miss," He greeted her. 

"Morning Sage, tell me is Daniel up yet?" 

"Yes he's having pixie brew in the guest room.

"Oh very good. Did Amberosia return last night?" Ralvania asked.

"I think she's still with the ancient vampire." 

"Thanks. If any clients come by let me know." 

"Of course." He replied bowing to her and leaving the room.

She poured a cup and let it cool a moment. she needed pixie brew before anything else. She was unsure as to what to have planned for Daniel today. She wanted him to relax and enjoy it, take his mind off of his emotions. 

He seemed to be doing better, she hadn't seen him cry the whole time he was here. It was a good sign she thought, downing the first cup then poured another. The day would depend on clients, Amberosia and Daniel.