Chapter 16

Fluttering her eyelashes open, looking around the room, trying to figure out where it was she'd been sleeping. After focusing for a few seconds the awful truth returned to her. She was here for Zeta's wake last night. Then she thought of poor Daniel. 

    Sitting up quickly, the empress scrambled out of bed, nearly tripping over the blankets.  The most important hing she needed to do was check on him. Then if he was okay, find a coffee pot and wake her soul up. She crept out into the hall ad across from the room she'd occupied and to his chamber door. Creaking it open slowly, she peeked in to find it empty. 

That was a good omen, he was awake already. She quickly walked down the large black metl staircase. As she listened closely, hearing some muffled noises coming from the library. Heading there first. Turning the corner, then as she got to the door; opening it softly. There sat the warlock, sipping coffee and trapped in his own thoughts. 

"Daniel?" She said in a quiet tone not wanting to scare him. 

"Oh, there you are, He said then pointed to the pot and mugs., "I've got a cup ready for you too." 

She sat down with him. "How'd you sleep?" 

"Surprisingly well. I think the drinks helped." 

"Oh good. I think you needed a good night sleep as well," She commented and took the mug from the table. 

They both took a long sip then he looked at her for a minute. "I'm glad you agreed to stay with me. It's a great comfort having you here." 

"Oh anytime. ... If you ever need to get away for a few days, come to Goblin's Hollow." 

"Do you mean it?" 

"Of course I mean it. Even if you need a change of scenery for a few days or a mon cycle. You're welcome in my home day or night." 

"That means a lot to me. I may come out that way sometime," He replied downing half the warm liquid in his mug. 

"I'd like that a lot, She said giving him a look of sincerity. 

"You're a wonderful friend to me and the others, too." 

"Think nothing of it," She said filling their mugs back up. 

     The empress spent the day there with him, talking about everything. Zeta, his grief, Goblin's Hollow and anything to do with magick. They talked over books and coffee as the day seemed o whip right past their attention. 

              If you're reading this........

     Thank you endlessly for giving my series some of your valuable time an attention. it doesn't go underappreciated!

i try to update when i can. if you liked the chapter tell me in the comments or if you feel it deserves, give it a vote.