Chapter 46

By the late morning as the empress walked through the castle when the front castle door opened. Quickly turning the other direction, twelve steps later she saw the sorceress. 

"Empress, good to see you," She greeted. 

"Good to see you, too. I was beggining to think you had moved out of here and just not told me," She joked with her. 

"No, no of course not." 

"Good. Daniel's here but still sleeping," She responded.

"Oh good, has he been here long?" She inquired.

"Two nights, but he seems to be better," She explained.

"Oh good, anything else go on?' She asked.

"Actually yes. I had a gremlin-hybrid vomit blood all over me and then died in my office. Be glad you missed it." 

"I shall take your word for it." She replied, stunned to hear the news.

"It was pretty bad but Daniel took charge and helped," The empress told her.

"Oh good I'm glad he's here to help you." 

"Come on, we'll have coffee in the court-yard." She offered.

"Oh I'd love to," Amberosia replied.

She followed the empress to the kitchen, then grabbing a fresh pot and three ceramic mugs; then went to the back door of the castle and outside. They sat around the small table five steps from the door. Ralvania poured each of them a cup and handed one to her sorceress.

"Did you figure out what's wrong with the gremlin?" 

"Ahybrid-genetic infection." 

"That sounds horrid. Does it spread to others?" 

"I don't really know," The empress replied.

"Did you tell Daniel about Trinity?" 

"Oh yes. We went to the pub the first night he was here. They met and she bought him a few shots." She explained.

"That sounds promising," She replied.

"Yes and I think they have a little in common, too." She told her, taking a long drink of the brew.

"Where is he now?" 

"He's still esleep," The empress told her.

"He told me he's going to stay longer in case more creatures turn up with the same infection." 

"Do you expect another plauge?" 

"No but look at it from his view-point. His mate dies, he comes here and a client dies, it's a bit depressing." 

She nodded as the empress took a sip then continued on. "It's ironic. I invited him here to take his mind off of death." 

"We can still give him some fun." Amberosia said.

"Like what?" 

"Isn't he obsessed with dragons. We know four. Arrange a dragon ride."  She said raising an eyebrow. 

"Dear goddess, you're a genius." Ralvania said.