Chapter 17

Over the next several days, Daniel began to seem better than the day before. She was overjoyed to seem him laugh again, enjoying one moment of life at a time and slowly getting over a devestating loss of a mate and unborn child. It was good to see him acting like himself again, a little at a time. 

Much later that afternoon, she sat him down, explaining that she needed to go back. She didn't want to, but needed to check in on things there. The two had a nice talk and a few cups of warlocks brew before she hugged him goodbye. As soon as she'd left the warlocks castle, darting through the forest until she found soranto napping in a ball like a huge hound dog. 

As he woke slightly, looking her in the eyes, "Are you done yet?" in the most sarcastic tone he had in him.

"Nice to see you too." 

"If you didn't show by tomorrow I was going to storm the castle." 

She laughed and then waited for him to stand up. Then she climbed onto his back and waited a minute for him to take off into the air. He was one of the rare creatures that fully understod her and she adored him. 

Leaning back she relaxed with a deep trance, feeling the wind dance across her delicate face, wip through her hair. A simple pleasure, a long moment of tranquility. She loved it. Lost in her trance meditation for over a god forty five minutes, she jerked a bit when the dragon spoke up.

"Empress, you okay?' 

"Yes." 

"I thought you fell esleep."

"Meditating." She told him.

"Ah," was all he said.

She would have stayed longer, but Daniel had friends there; he needed to get through his grief. As she began to worry, taking a deep breath, told herself to stop thinking about it for a while. 

She couldn't fix the emptiness inside him, only he could do that.  To distract her thoughts, te empress leaned over as they passed by a forest, small towns and a small pond. Son she could tell by the forest below, they weren't that far from Goblin's Hollow. Sitting back up she watched the cloud patterns and birds flying in the calm skies. 

It had been a nice relaxing flight as they were getting close, she smiled, looking forward to a hot cup of pixie brew.....