Chapter 29

The following afternoon as Ralvania happened to be in the main hall, there was a knock on the door. Quickly, she turned to answer it, curious. It couldn't be Daniel could it? Shrugging her shoulders and opening the door, she saw Trinity standing there. The empress was suprised to see the girl back so soon. 

"How good to see you again, do come in, please," She greeted. 

"Hello... It's not a bad time is it?" She replied, twirling her finger around a strand of her black as charcoal colored hair. 

"It's never a bad time. Come on we'll go to my office and talk."

The young witch nodded,letting go of her hair, a nervous habit she'd carried on since childhood. "That's sounds good to me." 

As they walked down the grand hall the empress was more than happy the girl decided to return for a visit. It was exciting for her to meet and get to know other witches. 

"How are you settling in over there?" The empress asked, turning to look at her.

"Pretty well I think," Trinity replied to her when they reached the office door.

"Oh excellent, but if you need anything, even a pinch of salt, just ask us." She offered.

"Thank you, but I'm not in need of anything trivial," She said.

"Just little things, coffee, sugar; things like that." She responded sitting down across from the empress.

The two sat visiting waiting for Sage to bring the pot, about five minutes later. He shuffled in and brought it to the desk. e nodded then scurried back out of the office. 

The empress noticed that her newest neighboring witch handled the sight of her servant a lot better than the last visit. That was definitely a good sign, she was adjusting quickly; perhaps she'd be a good fit for life in the Hollows.

"I'll send over some coffee and sugar for you," She said taking a sip of the fresh piping hot brew.

"Oh thank you, I'll return the favor soon," Trinity responded gulping down the warm liquid. 

Oh, I meant to tell you, I have a friend coming to visit in a few days, I'd like you to him," She informed her.

"A guy?" 

"A warlock. His mate just passed away." 

"Are you wanting me to date him?" 

"Oh no no. I think he could use a friend that was all." 

"Alright. Does he like to read?" 

Ralvania cracked up laughing for several minutes.

"He's a total book worm," She said.

"Oh good, I love books......and spells." 

"Who doesn't?" She said giggling.

"My magic stems from my poems. The one that trained me told me they were spells." 

"Good. I love writing spells, too." 

Ralvania poured more pixie brew for both of them. Glad the young witch was warming up to her, she could sense it.