Chapter 44

The warlock bolted through the castle until finding the hobgoblin, quickly explaining the problem with the empress. 

For a second, Sage was stunned by the news, then grabbed a few supplies and went as fast as his chunky little legs would go. 

"With the recent change of events, I may stay a little longer." Daniel told him.

"I must say, I'd like that sire." The hob-goblin told him as they reached her office door.

"It's real bad in there." Daniel warned him.

Sage nodded, half afraid of what he would find in there.

As the warlock opened the door, the hob-goblin couldn't trust his own vision. He had to do a double take then he looked to the warlock.

"Did she explode a demon in here?" 

"No I didn't." She said, wiping more gremlin vomit off of her. 

"My gods, what happened in here? Are you okay, miss?" 

"Slow down. I think I'll be just fine. We need to bury the poor critter and get this place back in order." She explained to him.

After a few minutes of hesitation the hob-goblin got right to work. The empress excused herself for a moment, changing quickly; returning in her pastel lavender robes. 

Within the hour, the three of them buried Gorklin out just beyond the court-yard, where her land ended and the vast forest began. 

   Long after the burial rite, the three were still in shock by the days events. She calmly explained everything to her warlock guest. For a long moment he was speechless. He thought he'd seen it all on his own adventures. This was a first for him too. 

Over the rest of the day there had been an elf in need of a positive energy boost, and Trinity came by for coffee before heading to work her shift at the pub. Late that night the empress and the warlock sat on the balcony, having coffee well into the witching hour.