Chapter 26

After a nice long conversation the empress hugged Willow tightly before letting her go. "I remember when your mother was the same age.It's when she met your father," She pointed out. The young fairy said her goodbyes and fluttered off to her home, the fairy palace. 

The empress smiled for a moment, glad to see her fairy god-child doing so well. It pained her to see those in her life in great turmoil. Like Daniel , she couldn't wait to see him. Then after another cup of the brew, an idea dawned on her...

        Trinity. She was new here, probably didn't know more than three people in all of Goblin's Hollow. Introduce her to Daniel, not to play matchmaker queen, but they might make good friends? With all Daniel has gone through, a new friend might help him. Maybe take Daniel to the pub while she's working; once he gets here? She didn't want to make him forget his mate, just ease his suffering. A night at the pub might take his mind off of his grief, if only for a few hours.  He should be there in the next few days, if not sooner. 

       She took a sip of the brew and then spit it out quickly- it wasn't just a little col, but colder than ice. Instinctively ringing for her servant, then waiting for the sound of his footsteps and the standard 1-2-3 knock.

'Come in," She called to him. 

Opening the door, he hobbled inside. "I assumed more pixie brew." 

"Yes, thank you. Have you seen Amberosia recently?" 

"Yes, she went into the village earlier. Should be back within the hour," Sage told her. 

'Oh good. She needs to get out more," 

"I agree. Do you need anything else?" 

O, no. I'm fine." 

He nodded to her and hobbled back out of her office.