Chapter 50

Within the next few hours, Daniel had seen her health declining. He banished her off to her bed chambers. Before she went to rest; the empress gave him all the information she had on hybrid diseases, infections and illness she could find. 

"Don't worry. I'll find a way to fix this. It's the very least i can do," He said, walking her upstairs. He had to figure this out. 

He nodded to her, then went back to her office. He asked Sage to bring the strongest pixie brew they had. The hob-goblin was more than happy to oblige. Anything he needed. The hob-goblin nodded to him. 

Daniel sent Amberosia to go get Ludwig and let some of her closest friends know of her illness. He wanted to figure this out on his own; but needed her to get well.The whole situation made him feel like the bringer of death.

First zeta, then the gremlin. He wouldn't let the empress die. He forced the thought away from him. He carefully went over the books; trying to find out what he could about the hybrid disease before attempting to make any sort of cure. 

He worked well into the night, trying to find a cure not just ease her symptoms of this fatal illness. Every-time he thought he might have an answer ten other questions would plague his mind. The empress wasn't a hybrid but suffered a hybrid infection. Would it effect her differently? He'd given her two healing potions, it seemed to slow down some of the aches and coughing fits, for now. 

He kept researching into the night, ordering another pot half- way though the nocturnal hours. He didn't know how much time she had. She may suffer at a different rate then the gremlin did. He kept a close watch over her. She wasn't vomiting yet, thank the gods.

He kept going over different healing potions but none of them seemed to have the right magical components to stop this. He feared they were on cursed time when it came to Ralvania.