Chapter 54

Over the next hour several others stopped by to see the empress. Several creatures brought gifts and comfort foods. Trinity stopped by with soup and a bottle of wine to help her sleep. 'Her new neighbor only stayed for about twenty minutes, then needed to skip off to work. 

An hour after she left there was another knock on the main door of the castle. Sage scurried across the hall to answer it. Then he bolted to the office to get the warlock.

The hob-goblin poked his head into the office and knocked lightly.

"Yes?" Daniel answered him.

"The vampire-hybrid is here." He replied.

"Oh, excellent. Please send him in, right away." 

"Yes sir." He responded then headed off to get him.

    Three minutes had passed when the hob-goblin escorted him into the office. Then the little guy turned and left them to do shier bidding. 

"Salem thanks for coming, please have a seat." 

"Sure, now what's going on with the empress?" He inquired with great concern.

Daniel sat there across from him and explained everything that had happened since the gremlin had shown up two days ago. 

The hybrid vampire sat in silence for a long moment. 

"Do you know what we can do for her? I can't watch another die, I just don't have it in me." He replied. 

"I know you can't. Calm yourself." Salem told him.

Daniel nodded to him. 

"Ralvania is important to all of us. I won't let her die. I think i know a spell to help her; but I can't do it alone." Salem explained to him.

"What do you need to save her life?" Daniel asked wide eyed and full of worry.

"It's not what I need but who," He told the warlock.

"Who do you need?' 

"My father, but there's no point in summoning him before nightfall. He's a full blown vampire not a hybrid like me." Salem informed him. 

"We could send Amberosia or a message with the gargoyle," He said.

"Yes, I'll write the message. I need a few things for the spell." Salem told him.

"Like what? The empress has everything." He said.

"Not everything trust me. If we don't know how much time we have, I don't want to waste one minute of time screwing this up." 

Daniel nodded and after a long pause, "Whatever it takes."