Chapter 2

After a little coffee, hearing a familiar sound just outside the thick grey stone walls. Her heart skipped a beat as excitement filled her soul, leaping up from the seat the empress bolted through the castle like an asteroid hurling to earth on a mission for destruction. Her eyes lit up like the candles' flame when  her oldest friend landed there. 

 Running at full speed she didn't stop until reaching him a few yards away. Wrapping her arms around his huge neck, she then slowly released her grip on him.

"What are you doing here?" She squealed.

"It's nice to see you too," He responded with a hint of sarcasm. 

"I didn't mean it like that." 

"I know, I was in the area and thought I'd come see you," He replied sitting there like a huge kitten.

"How's the family doing?" 

"Kadrid is well, Lylithe is off to E.L.F to surprise  young Willow." He bowed to her.

"Oh good she'd love to see her," She responded.

"What do you have planned today?" Soranto asked her.

"I thought I'd visit the Fairy Queen," She said.

The dragon scoffed, then shook his head. "Same old Ralvania, off to the fairy kingdom."  He paused then gave her a little wicked smirk.

"I'll tell ya what, I'll fly you there and back. Just like old times." 

"I'd absolutely love that." 

"Ya ready to go?"  He asked.

"Always," She replied climbing onto his mammoth sized back.

             She had to admit that it had been so long since they had flown together, she couldn't remember the last time. It was soul soothing, flying on his back.  She felt empowered and free in the skies as all of er troubles stayed on the ground beneath them. Flying with him was a simple pleasure of life she had missed over the years.