Chapter 34

The two came to the end of the path leading to the small town of Goblin's Hollow. He looked around and noticed it was similar to his own hometown back in the Nucandu forest. There were some differences, there was no fountain in the center square, but the stores were much larger than in his home. The pub here was closer, the one back home was at the edge of town.  He grinned just for a second.

he empress noticed it too. God, maybe he'll take his mind off of the grief, even for a few hours.A way to escape his pain. He needed it. 

She waved to a few of the local residents when they reached the door. He opened it and bowed to her.

'Come on silly," She teased and he nodded. 

They walked inside of the tavern. He noticed it looked almost identical to Smitty's pub. The walls weren't as dark but the layout was the same. It was nice, a comfort. 

"Look, there's an empty both over there," He pointed.

'Sure," She said, following him to the corner both. She sat on the left across from him. 

"Mind if I buy us a shot?" He asked.

I don't mind." 

Three minutes later Trinity came to the table to take thier drink order.

"Oh, hello empress." She said.

'This is Daniel a friend of mine," She introduced.

"Is he the one you told me was coming to visit?' She asked quickly.

Ralvania nodded yes.

I'm sorry for your loss," She said and he nodded then told he what they wanted.

She smiled at him then went to put the order in. 

A few minutes later the new waitress returned with two shots and two pints.

I only ordered shots," He said.

"I know, I bought you a pint." 

That's extreamley kind of you." He said.

"Ralvania said you like to read?" 

He laughed a little. "Yes a lot." 

"So do I," She said then hurried back to work.