Chapter 63

Quite a few p.o.v sorry.

*Juliet's p.o.v*

The storm had blown itself out by the following morning, though the ceiling in the Great Hall was still gloomy; heavy clouds of pewter gray swirled overhead as our little group examined our new course schedules at breakfast. A few seats along, Fred, George, and Lee Jordan were discussing magical methods of aging themselves and bluffing their way into the Triwizard Tournament.

"If you three don't shut the fuck up, I will deck you all. Muggle style." I snapped, not believing the barbaric ideas coming out of their mouths.

"Come on Juls.." George trailed off with a smirk, after one more hard glare. They went back to their breakfast, avoiding my eye.

"You practically can kill people with that glare." Tom muttered in my ear, making me giggle. I caught Harry's eye, who was glaring at Tom. I blushed slightly and bit my lip, noticing tension rising Ron coughed before saying.

"Today's not bad. . . outside all morning," he started running his finger down the Monday column of his schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures. . . damn it, we're still with the Slytherins. . . . "

"Ron." I glared, looking at my own timetable. Both Tom and I have chosen to stick with the Gryffindor's for classes. It's just easier as I spent my first two and a half years in Gryffindor, and Tom just spent his summer with a bunch of them and gotten close to Ron and Harry as well as Hermione.

"You two really need to get over your grudge towards Slytherin." A voice mumbled, we all looked over to see Hermione with red cheeks.

"They aren't all bad." She added, making Ron and Harry stare at her as if she had three heads. I sent them a small smirk. It went silent for a couple of minutes.

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned, looking down. Thank Merlin, that was awkward. Divination was his least favorite subject, apart from Potions from what he's told me. Professor Trelawney kept predicting Harry's death, which we all found extremely annoying.

"You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" Hermione said briskly, buttering herself some toast. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy. "

"You're eating again, I notice," Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast too. I sent him a small glare.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights." said Hermione haughtily.

"Yeah. . . and you were hungry." said Ron, grinning. I hit the back of his head from across the table.

"What was that for?" His voiced squeaked.

"Stop being a dickhead-"

"I'm not being a dickhead, just stating the obvious."

There was a sudden rustling noise above us causing Ron and I to stop our mini argument, and a hundred owls came soaring through the open windows carrying the morning mail. I noticed Harry look disappointed. I let out a small sigh, knowing he was waiting to hear from Sirius. As I was too.

My preoccupation on Siri lasted all the way across the sodden vegetable patch until we all arrived in greenhouse three, but here I was thankfully distracted by Professor Sprout showing the class the ugliest plants I'd had ever seen. Indeed, they looked less like plants than thick, black, giant slugs, protruding vertically out of the soil. Each was squirming slightly and had a number of large, shiny swellings upon it, which appeared to be full of liquid.

"Bubotubers," Professor Sprout told the class briskly. "They need squeezing. You will collect the pus -"

"The what?" Shay asked, sounding revolted. I tried to cover up my laugh with a cough but failed badly.