Chapter 58/ End of year 3!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I wrote this all in one go.

*Juliet's P.O.V*

I looked up and Harry to see him staring down at me with a sad smile, we both slowly started to lean in.

"Guys!" A voice shouted making us jump apart.

Hermione started tugging at Harry's sleeve, staring at her watch. "We've got exactly ten minutes to get back down to the hospital wing without anybody seeing us -- before Dumbledore locks the door --"

"Okay," Harry said, letting go of my hand as he was pulled away, "let's go...."

I looked over at Tom who had raised eyebrows, I blushed.

"Shut up and come on"

We slipped through the doorway behind us and down a tightly spiraling stone staircase. As we reached the bottom of it, we all heard voices. We flattened ourselves against the wall and listened. It sounded like Fudge and Snape. They were walking quickly along the corridor at the foot of the staircase.

"... only hope Dumbledore's not going to make difficulties," Snape was saying, bloody hell. I sighed thinking back to a couple of memories where Severus and I actually got along quite well. "The Kiss will be performed immediately?"

Well fuck them memories.

"As soon as Macnair returns with the Dementors. This whole Black affair has been highly embarrassing. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to informing the Daily Prophet that we've got him at last.... I daresay they'll want to interview you, Snape... and once the young children are back in their right mind, I expect they'll want to tell the Prophet exactly how you saved him...."

I saw Harry clenched his teeth together, I look his hand in mine. I caught a glimpse of Snape's smirk as he and Fudge passed our hiding place. Their footsteps died away. We all waited a few moments to make sure they'd really gone, then started to run in the opposite direction. Down one staircase, then another, along a new corridor -- then they heard a cackling ahead.

"Peeves!" Harry muttered, gripping on to my hand tighter. "In here!"

We tore into a deserted classroom to our left just in time. Peeves seemed to be bouncing along the corridor in boisterous good spirits, laughing his head off.

"Oh, he's horrible," Hermione whispered, her ear to the door. "I bet he's all excited because the Dementors are going to finish off Sirius...." She checked her watch. "Three minutes"

"He wasn't so bad back in the seventies" I said, they all turned to glare at me.

"Right, right sorry not the best moment to mention it"

We waited until Peeves's gloating voice had faded into the distance, then slid back out of the room and broke into a run again.

"Hermione -- what'll happen -- if we don't get back inside before Dumbledore locks the door?" Harry panted. He had let go of my hand and he and Hermione were in front of Tom and I.

"I don't want to think about it!" Hermione moaned, checking her watch once again. "One minute!"

We had reached the end of the corridor with the hospital wing entrance. "Okay -- I can hear Dumbledore," Tom said tensely. "Come on!"

We crept along the corridor. The door opened. Dumbledore's back appeared.

"I am going to lock you in," I heard him saying. "it is five minutes to midnight. Miss Granger, three turns should do it. Good luck."