The Firebolt

*juls p.o.v* 

After all that was sorted out we all went to sit down because there were still a present left under the tree. Me,Harry and Hermione sat on the sofa whilst Fred and George sat on the floor and Ron sat on the armchair. 

"So promise rings?" Fred asked wiggling his eyebrows, I blushed and looked down at the silver ring smiling to myself, I looked to my left to see Harry doing the same thing. 

"What's that?" Asked Ron pointed to a oddly shaped parcel. Which said 'to Harry James Potter'  in bold 

"Dunno..."

Harry got up from the sofa and knelt down in front of it, ripped the parcel open and everyone gasped as a magnificent, gleaming broomstick rolled out onto his hands . Ron dropped the sweets he was eating and jumped off the chair, me, Fred and George did the same.

"I don't believe it," Harry said hoarsely.

MERLINS BEARD!! It was a Firebolt, Its handle glittered as he picked it up. And then he let go; it hung in midair, unsupported, at exactly the right height for him to mount it. All are eyes moved from the golden registration number at the top of the handle, right down to the perfectly smooth, streamlined birch twigs that made up the tail.

"Who sent it to you?" said Ron in a hushed voice.

"Look and see if there's a card," said Harry. Fred and Geroge ripped apart the Firebolt's wrappings.

"Nothing! Blimey, who'd spend that much on you?" George said 

"Well," said Harry, looking stunned, "I'm betting it wasn't the Dursleys."

"I bet it was Dumbledore," said Ron, now walking around and around the Firebolt, taking in every glorious inch. "He sent you the Invisibility Cloak anonymously...."

"That was Harry's dad's, though," I said . "Dumbledore was just Passing it on to him.He wouldn't spend hundreds of Galleons on Harry.  He can't go giving students stuff like this --"

"That's why he wouldn't say it was from him!" said Ron. "In case some git like Malfoy said it was favoritism. Hey, Harry" -- Ron gave a great whoop of laughter -- "Malfoy! Wait till he sees you on this! He'll be sick as a pig! This is an international standard broom, this is!"

"Unless you want that broom shoved up you're arse I'd shut the fuck up" I said glaring at him 

"I can't believe this," Harry muttered, running a hand along the Firebolt, while Ron sank In the his own shoulders at my cold stear. "Who -?"

"I know," said Ron, still looking at me nervously, "I know who it could've been -- Lupin!"

"What?" said Harry, now starting to laugh himself "Lupin? Listen, if he had this much gold, he'd be able to buy himself some new robes." I gasped and hit him around the head shouting 

"Harry James Potter!!" 

"Sorry...and even if he did why?"

"He likes you," said Ron. "And he was away when your Nimbus got smashed, and he might've heard about it and decided to visit Diagon Alley and get this for you --"

"What d'you mean, he was away?" said Harry. "He was ill when I was playing in that match."

"Well, he wasn't in the hospital wing," said Ron. "I was there, cleaning out the bedpans on that detention from Snape, remember?" My eyes became wide. I noticed that Harry frowned at Ron.

"I can't see Lupin affording something like this." I glared at him again 

"Harry,just because Remu hasn't got the nicest of apparel doesn't betocken he can't afford such things"