Chapter 4

Cast:

Ben Bowers as Chad Parker

Ruby Rose as Tanya Pierce

~~~

"Is everything okay?" asked a familiar voice behind me. I turned around and spotted Tanya, one of my closest friends approaching us. She was a really unique type of a girl, plus she was a couple of years older than everyone so she was more mature and thats why I lijed hanging out with her. Her short black hair was messy, lips always curled in a smirk. Her body was full of tattoos of all kind. Her piercing blue eyes always held that mysterious glint behind them. She always seemed so self-confident, unapproachable and mysterious at the same time that I almost felt jealous of her.  When she saw me, talking to boys (which I had realized were the gang Chris was telling me about), her eyes brightened up and she smiled widely.

"Alexis!" she said, surprised. She came to me and pulled me in a tight hug. I hugged her back warmly. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing much, just chatting with your charming friends," I replied and we let go.

"Ah of course, because they are really fun to talk to," she replied sarcastically and I chuckled. She observed me for a second.

"Alexis King, I have to say, you're becoming hotter every day," she remarked and I rolled my eyes.

"Let's not go there, Tanya," I stopped her. I really didn't like people talking about my looks. I never knew if they are only making fun of me or really mean it. She smirked. She knew she was making me uncomfortable and she liked it.

"Anyways, any plans for the weekend?" she raised her eyebrow and I shrugged.

"Partying or having a quiet evening with Chad?" she wriggled her eyebrows and I frowned.

"I'd rather sleep," I replied and her eyes widened.

"Trouble in paradise?" she questioned and I rolled my eyes.

"It's nothing. He just seems distant since school started, and I don't know why. Since then, every weekend is the same routine. And it bores me so much." When I said that, I thought I saw Kyle smirk and his eyes sparkled. 

It was true though. Ever since school started again, Chad seemed different, like something was bothering him. I asked him what was it, but he didn't answer. There isn't any spark between us anymore. I am not dumb though, yes I do realize that he probably cheated on me many times, but the point isn't that I am in denial. I simply don't care. And that is what bothers me. He is my boyfriend. I should care. Maybe that's the reason.

She nodded understandingly. "I get it. You've been with him for what – one year and a half?" she asked and I nodded. "Something like that, yeah."

She smirked. "I have a solution. Everything you need." I raised my eyebrows. I already knew what she would offer me, of course. It was pretty obvious.

"Just come to a party with me this Friday. Fun, alcohol and hot guys granted."

I frowned. I have thought about going to a party, but I don't think it would be a good idea, especially with me and Chad on such thin ice. I knew him good and I knew he would never approve me going to a party, especially with Tanya. He once told me Tanya was a bad influence for me. I guess he was partly right. Bad girls are not really considered a good influence.

"I don't know about that. I'll think about it."

"What is preventing you from going?" she asked and smiled as if she knew the answer already. I rubbed my temples. I knew that if I say Chad she will just insist that I have to go to defy him. But I know better. With his short temper the whole thing couldn't end well.

"She is a good girl, that's what's preventing her," Kyle interfered and I shot him a murderous glance.

"I'm not a good girl," I gritted through my teeth and Tanya laughed.

"You are, sweetie," she mocked me and I glared at her.

"I'm not," I said once again. It really bothered me, being called a good girl. But on second thought, I never have done anything really bad. I have only broken the rules a couple of times, but even then I've never been caught.

"Then tell me the reason not to go on a party Friday evening," Kyle shot back and I resisted an urge to strangle him.

"I'm not telling you anything," I retorted and Tanya narrowed her eyes.

"I sense tension. What's going on here? Do you two" she showed on me and Kyle, "know each other?"

"No," I said before Kyle had the chance to say something. The last thing I needed was Tanya questioning me about Kyle and I. For some reason I didn't want anyone to know he stole my bag. I had a feeling I might need this fact later.

I met Kyle's glance and he raised his eyebrows at me. I shook my head.

"Your boyfriend is coming," said Kyle and I turned around.

I spotted Chad coming towards us. His blonde hair was messy and his look was threatening. He probably wasn't really happy that I was talking with the most dangerous guys in school. I observed him for a second. He was really handsome, but differently than Kyle. Kyle's look was intimidating and dangerous, his bad boy status was visible, while Chad had more boyish look.

 Kyle's look was intimidating and dangerous, his bad boy status was visible, while Chad had more boyish look

"Is everything okay?" he asked me as he came closer. He was cautiously looking at the three boys surrounding me, observing them. He wrapped his hands around my waist, pulled me closer to him and pecked me on the lips.

"Calm down, boyfriend, everything is okay," said Tanya in a bored tone and rolled her eyes. I should probably mention that Tanya and Chad didn't really like each other, but I never found out the real reason. Tanya says it's because he isn't the right one for me and Chad says that she is a bad influence. I knew that there was a bigger reason behind it, but I didn't push it, since none of them obviously didn't want me to know.

"Go to hell, Tanya," he retorted and she smiled sweetly at him.

"Hell for me is where you are, so I guess I'm already in it," she shot back, and everyone, including myself, erupted in a loud laughter.

Chad cursed under his breath but decided not to continue arguing, which was totally lame because I really wanted to know what kind of insults does Tanya have up her sleeve. "Are you done, A? The class is starting soon," he asked me and I nodded, still shaking from laughter.

"Yeah, let's go." I calmed down.

"Think about my offer," Tanya winked and I rolled my eyes. Then I looked at Kyle and narrowed my eyes. "Don't forget," I warned him and gave him one last stern look, before turning around and walking away.

~~~

Please, don't forget to vote/comment if you like the story! :)