Chapter 15

»Why the hell are you taking so long?« I heard an annoying voice groan outside the changing room in was in. I was just putting on my jacket to complete my outfit, before showing myself to Kyle. As I heard his voice, I rolled my eyes.

»The more you whine, more time will I take to change,« I sang as I stalled my exit on purpose, just to tease him even more. We went shopping for new outfits and bought a lot of things, from ripped jeans, sunglasses, shoes, jewelry, shirts and also underwear. Everything we've bought was completely different from everything I'd worn before, but it looked really good with the new color of my hair.

Suddenly, the curtain, which was used as a door to separate the changing room from the waiting room, was yanked on the left side and I shrieked. I looked in the mirror and met Kyle's eyes.

"What do you think you're doing?" I exclaimed and turned around to face him, throwing my hands in the air. "I could have been naked!"

He smirked and licked his lips. "Nothing I won't see in the future," he replied. I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms on my chest. "And what is that supposed to mean?" I challenged him, but he just smiled to himself, as if he held a secret I didn't know yet.

I was annoyed with his behavior. Okay, it's true I got a bit distracted before and I do admit he's hot, but that doesn't justify why he acts as if he knows that sooner or later he will have me.

'Don't be so easy,' a voice in my head said. An angel. But another one, the devil in me, was also there, confusing my mind and me.

'But he is hot though ... and dangerous. Isn't that what you wanted, some excitement?' The devil has a point. I did want that. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here, but at home, possibly watching TV with Chris and Mia, or with Chad. But no, I'm with the biggest asshole of them all. Kyle. That has to mean something, right?

'But not like that, he is way too arrogant and he already thinks he can have you. At least make him work for it girl!'

'I agree with him. You need to make him think he already has you, and then just leave. That will teach him not to play with you anymore.'

While I was mentally chatting and arguing with myself, Kyle has closed the curtain and positioned himself next to the mirror, examining me like I was a model.

"You look better than I expected," he said. Again with the insults. Does he even know how to give someone a compliment? "This look really suits you, you should thank me for making you do it."

I must admit, I really liked the new look. I wore white and gold Adidas shoes, ripped skinny jeans, white tank top and leather jacket over it. With ray bans covering my eyes and my new haircut I looked like a girl who comes to school on a bike, smokes weed and is in a gang. I looked dangerous.

I tilted my head on the side, trying to imitate girls I've seen flirting. I licked my lips before looking in his eyes and caught his glance. "And how exactly should I thank you?" I asked and stepped closer to him without breaking eye-contact. "What to give a guy who can have everything?" I asked myself out loud and stopped right in front of him, our bodies almost touching. "Hmm," I pretended to think for a second and looked down, before looking back up just to see he hasn't looked anywhere else but me. Good, now I have his attention. I just need to tease him just a bit more, before moving away, just like he did. I moved just a bit closer until our bodies collided and bit my lip.

"What do you wish for, Queen?" I asked him softly, smiled and touched his hand lightly. "All you have to do is ask."

"Let's just say you owe me one. I'll ask for a favor when I'll need one," he replied and raised his hand. He brought his hand to my face and put a stand of hair behind my ear. When his fingers brushed my skin, I could feel myself blushing and I mentally cursed that I have to blush even without a reason. That's one of the things I hated ever since I was a child. But I had no control of it, so my hands are tight here.