Chapter 22

I didn't make it much further, when someone grabbed my arm and yanked me back. I spun around and came face to face with grinning Tanya. I returned the smile as I greeted her with a hug.

"Damn, girl, that's a new look you've got there!" She commented in her typical way as she pulled back from the hug and held both of my arms by my sides while checking me out. She whistled and I rolled my eyes because of her exaggeration.

"What pursued you to have such a make-over?" She smirked as her eyes met mine, and I could see she was intrigued. I shrugged and looked away, because I couldn't lie while looking in her eyes, because her eyes made me nervous. "No particular reason, I just wanted a change, I guess."

"Bullshit," she stated sharply and crossed her arms over her chest. I looked up surprisingly and raised my eyebrows. "I'm sorry?" I asked her, confused, and she rolled her eyes.

"I really don't know why would you lie to me, you know," she said, sounding a bit hurt, and I bit my lip, feeling guilty. "I knew you lied the first time I asked you whether you know Kyle, but I let it go then," she said as she ran a hand through her short hair. "I just don't get why, you know I don't judge."

She looked at me accusingly and I met her eyes. "He told you," I stated and she nodded.

"We're friends, yeah, of course he told me," she let out, impatiently, "I just don't get why didn't you? It's not like anything happened."

So he didn't tell her everything. I considered telling her about the kiss, but I decided against it. After all, the less people knew about it, the better. I was officially still with Chad, and if someone found out things could end up badly for our relationship.

I shrugged. "I guess I just felt weird, because he's your friend and all," I muttered.

"Or maybe it's because you knew I'd be against it," she replied and I snapped my head back up, looking at her. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why would you be against it?" Now I was confused. Were they seeing each other? Screwing each other? With Tanya, you never knew. She was not relationship-material, but she had fuck buddies all over town. She was really standing out with her tattoos, short hair, bluntness and self-confidence which radiated from her for everyone to see, so it wasn't really hard for her to get a guy.

She sighed as she ran a hand through her hair impatiently. "Look, I know Kyle Queen for a long time, and I know who he is. I have seen how he plays the girls and then breaks them, without ever looking back, without regrets." She put her arm on my shoulder as her eyes found mine, her expression dead serious. "For all of them, Kyle, Beau and Diesel, everything is just a game. If you start hanging out with him, the only thing you will have left will be your broken heart." She paused for a bit and I could see she was trying to find the right words to form all I have already known.

I also knew from the beginning that her words couldn't change what I wanted.

"I just don't want to see you get hurt, because I will not choose between any of you."

She exhaled and I could see that our talk is getting to an end. I knew this was really hard for her to say, because she usually didn't have big talks about relationships and love with anyone, because the majority of her firiends were men. 

Suddenly, I got a very strong feeling someone's looking at me, so I glanced behind Tanya and immediately met his piercing gaze.

Kyle. He was leaning on his motorbike with his friends surrounding him. He looked as handsome as ever, wearing only plain white T-shirt and jeans. He had his hands crossed over his chest and because his T-shirs clung to his body I could clearly see his abs and bulging biceps. He had messy hair today, and even though they looked like he didn't have time to comb them in the morning, he pulled off the hairstyle better than any other guy. 

I saw they were talking, but his eyes were on me, watching Tanya and I talk. I could feel myself flush a bit as he smirked at me, and I mentally cursed myself for being so sensitive.

"A, are you even listening to me?" Tanya raised her voice, which snapped me back to our conversation again, so I diverted my gaze back at her, trying to act as if nothing had happened, but it was too late, she already looked back.

She turned back to me and gave me a half smile. "At least you can't say I didn't warn you."

I rolled my eyes and inhaled. "Look, Tanya," I said, not knowing where to start. I appreciated her concern, but to be honest, she didn't tell me anything I hadn't known before. "I don't want anything serious with Kyle," I stated truthfully, not really sure how to tell her what I really want without revealing too much. "I just want to have fun, I guess," I shrugged and she chuckled.

"Well, he can definitely show you how to have fun," she winked at me and I rolled my eyes. "That's not exactly what I meant," I trailed off and she snorted, "Yeah, whatever."

"So what's going on with you and Chad?" She suddenly asked and I smirked. "I'm going to dump him," I said, anticipating her reaction. I knew she would be happy, because she's always resented Chad. "Finally!" she groaned and grinned at me. "So ... you can come to a party with us today," she winked at me and I shifted.

"I don't know about that," I grimaced. I hated going out on a school night, because I would wake up all hangovered the next day and would have to go to school.

"Oh come on," she whined, "Kyle will be there," she smirked at me and wiggled her eyebrows. Then, she looked up as if she tried to remember something. "Actually, I don't know if he's coming, but let's just say he is."

I still looked unsure, so she just rolled her eyes. "You said you wanted to have some fun," she sang as she tried to convince me, "think about it, dancing, alcohol, hot guys, dresses, party ..." she continued and I groaned when I finally caved in. "Fine, I'll come!" I exclaimed and she smirked.

"Fantastic! I'll make sure to tell Kyle about your attendance," she winked at me and I snorted.

"I don't think he'll care, and I don't either," I lied. "By the way, I'm taking Chris and Mia with me, is that okay?" I asked her and she shrugged. "Yeah, of course, why wouldn't it be? I'll pick you up around 9, be ready!"

With that, she left me and went back to her gang. I let my eyes follow her until she's reached the destination, then I secretly looked on the right, right where he was. I was trying not to get caught, but he was already staring at me, his piercing gaze going straight through my skin. I held the eye-contact for another second, before I remembered I was still mad at him for snapping at me yesterday. My expression suddenly changed from happy to cold, and I shot him one last dirty glare before turning on my heels, making sure to sway my hips, and walked in the school.

~~~

Hey guys!

I know this chapter doesn't have much Kyle in it and I'm sorry about that, but there is going to be plenty of Kyle in chapters that are coming!

I would still immensly appreciate if you commented/voted! :D

Thanks!

xoxo

A