Chapter 26

Tanya took a deep breath, before turning around and facing me, her eyes still on the floor. I have never seen her so nervous before, it seemed like all her bad girl attitute just evaporated into hin air. If it wasn't under these circumstances, I would almost feel sorry for her. But from what I heard from Lyla, I shouldn't be. I decided to listen to her side of the story, because I know everyone has their own perspective of things. But if Tanya really did sleep with Chad while she knew he was my boyfriend, then I would have a really hard time forgiving her.

She finally gathered the courage and looked up, her eyes meeting mine. I crossed my arms over my chest and put a cold expression on my face, trying to prevent her to see my true feelings. My mind was fuzzy, and because of all the alcohol I consumed that night, I don't think I have fully comprehended what was going on. I didn't know whether I was supposed to be crying or thanking Chad to give me a reason to dump him.

"Lyla was telling the truth," she said in a low voice. My eyes narrowed at her, but I didn't say a word. I felt a wave of disappointment hit me as I heard her confession. I didn't know what to think about all of this. I had never thought Tanya was capable of doing something like that, but hey, I guess that's what shows how wrong you can be about a person.

"But I didn't know you back then," she hurried and I raised my eyebrows. I opened my mouth to comment, but she cut in. "I know that's not a big excuse, but you know I don't know anyone who goes to our school, and back then I didn't even know who he was, or that he had a girlfriend."

I pursed my lips as I thought about her words. I knew Tanya always skipped school, especially before we'd met. She would come to school every second week for an hour or two, therefore she failed 3 times. All that ended when the school gave her a final warning and because of family problems she couldn't afford to get thrown out. So she started going to the same classes as I did, even though she was 3 years older.

I sighed as I threw my head back, still not sure whether her excuse was enough for me to forgive her. "Tell me everything," I demanded. I wanted to know exactly what happened, because that would fully influence my decision whether to forgive her or not.

"It happened about a year ago. We were both on a party and I was really drunk. The party was going on about a half an hour drive away from town, so I assumed no one from school was attending it." She exhaled and ran a hand through her short hair. "Chad was wasted too. He was constantly surrounded by girls, even though everyone could see he was one of the youngest. He even caught my attention. His charisma and the way he presented himself were ..." she bit her lip and stopped when she saw my look. I knew what she was talking about. Chad had a natural gift to attract people. He seemed like a likable and warm person, and his self-confidence and charisma were the ones which made me so attracted to him.

"Anyways," Tanya continued and interrupted my thoughts. "He caught my attention and it seemed like I caught his as well. He came to me minutes after I first saw him and we talked. Before I even knew what was going on he ..." she stopped on her tracks and looked at me, searching for my approval. Even though it was hurting me to hear this, I needed to. So I nodded and clenched my jaw.

She licked her lips and continued. "He kissed me and then asked me if I wanted to go somewhere else. I was already wasted by then and I had no idea he had a girlfriend, otherwise I wouldn't have done any of this," she assured me. She gulped. "We ..." her voice was shaking and I could feel the electricity in the air as I anxiously waited for her next words, even though I already knew what she would tell me.

"We had sex," she blurted out and bit her lip, looking at me under her eyelashes.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. I was telling myself that it wasn't a big deal, that I don't care about him anymore, but I was only lying to myself.