Chapter 7

Kyle turned off the motorbike and I got off. I looked at my surroundings and scrunched my eyebrows. We were standing in front of a huge house, bigger than mine. It looked like it belonged to a very wealthy family, and since Chris told me Kyle's father was rich, I guessed it was his house.

I turned to Kyle, who was just a few steps in front of me, and was walking towards the house. "Why would you steal from me, when you have more money than I do?" I asked him curiously. I wasn't mad, but intrigued. There had to be an interesting story behind it, and I was dying to know what it was. Don't get me wrong, I hate sticking my nose in other people's business, but I was still a girl, and girls love gossip. He didn't answer me, either that meant he didn't hear me or chose to ignore my question. Probably second. So I quickened my pace and caught up to him. To my surprise, he didn't go for the main entrance, but headed towards the park behind it. I strolled behind him and soon saw a smaller, wooden house behind the big mansion, probably the place we were headed to.

He pulled the keys out of the pocked, unlocked the door and stepped in the house. He looked back to check if I was behind him, and he raised his eyebrows. "Coming or not?" He asked impatiently, holding the door. I rolled my eyes and looked at him as I crossed the threshold. I looked around the house. "Cozy," I commented, and he narrowed his eyes at me. "I like it that way. If you don't, you can also leave," he retorted and I smirked. I could see he loved this house, and could throw me out for every negative comment I would make.

Even though the house looked old-fashioned and mostly old on the outside, it was definitely not like that on the inside. Now I got why people say 'it's the inside that matters'. It was bigger than it looked from the outside. It had two floors, and the ground floor was divided in two spaces. On the left side was the bedroom, which contained a big, comfortable looking bed with a lot of cushions, with a night-board on its left. Beside it was a closet and a table with a huge TV on it and a large sofa. On the left side of the bed were door to the bathroom. On the other side was the kitchen, which modernly equipped, and a big wooden table. There were papers on it, folded neatly into piles. The steps were on the other side of the room from where I was standing.

"I meant it, you know? I really like it," I told him and stepped further into the room. I knew I sometimes sound sarcastic, and people usually don't get what I want to say, therefore I wanted to tell him the truth. Plus, I was afraid he's going to throw me out if I don't. He threw himself on the bed and looked at me, as I stood in the middle of the room, unsure what to do. I didn't know why he brought me here and what should I do next.

"I don't see my bag anywhere," I stated. I was really annoyed that he ignored everything I said. He was the one who invited me here anyways. What bothered me the most was the fact I did not know what was he thinking about right now. You see, I have a talent for people. I always see right through them, what are their intentions, what are they thinking about, what do they want from me. But with Kyle, I never knew, and that bothered and intrigued me at the same time.

"That's because it isn't here," he replied as he watched me with a smirk on his face. My self-consciousness was amusing him and I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of that, so I sat down on the sofa and narrowed my eyes at him.

"So why am I here then?" I asked as my eyes met his. He licked his lips as they turned up into a smirk.

"Did you think you are going to get your bag without giving something in return?"

"I'm not gonna sleep with you," I quickly retorted and looked at him angrily and he rolled his eyes.

"Why do you girls always think I want sex from you?" he scrunched his eyebrows, as if he found that unbelievable.

"Because you bring us to your house, where you live alone, without any explanation why did you bring us here, then you lay on the bed and watch us as we are unsure what to do next?" I stated. He thought about it for a second, but then nodded. "Good point. But Alexis, if I wanted to sleep with you, I could and you would be the one begging for it," he replied cockily as he winked at me.

"You don't see me begging for it now, do you?" I shot back and he smirked.

"And I didn't say I wanted to sleep with you."

Always has to have the last word now does he. Smartass.

"So why am I here then?" I asked him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Because I would like to get something from you. And no, to express myself clearly that you will understand, I do not want to have sex with you, Alexis." I rolled my eyes as he continued. "You, of course, would want that, but I am sorry. Sex with me is a gift, and not every girl can get that."

I didn't reply to him. I decided that if he can ignore me, I can ignore him as well. He has to continue speaking, and by replying to his stupid remarks I would only encourage him to go on about that. So I kept my mouth shut, and after a few seconds, my predictions came true.

"I want you to answer a couple of questions." I looked at him, surprised, and asked: "Questions about what?"

"Yourself."

I found that weird. Why would he want to know anything about me in return for a bag when he could ask for many other things? But on the other hand, he had everything he wanted. What could I possibly give to a guy who has everything?

Which brings me to the main question, why did he even steal a bag in the first place? My curiosity was eating me on the inside, and I decided I will try and get him to talk as well.

"Fine," I agreed. "But under one condition." He raised his eyebrows. "And that is...?" He asked me.

"You need to answer my questions as well."

He was quiet for a minute, probably thinking about my preposition. I was afraid he was going to say no, since he is the one to make up the rules. But to my surprise, he agreed.

"Okay, let it be your way," he said as he got off the bed and went to the kitchen. He opened the cupboard and took out a bottle, which turned out to be whiskey. "One question each. If you don't want to answer, you drink. Any questions?" he looked at me challengingly, and I smirked at him as I shot my head no.

I got off the sofa and crawled on the bed. My curiosity was too big to decline his offer, even though I had a lot of second thoughts, but I pushed them away.

They say curiosity killed a cat. 

Let's hope it doesn't kill me.