Chapter 1

Song for this chapter: Bad boys theme song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8HtmFtGSQo

~~~

Cast:

Taylor Hill as Alexis King

Colton Haynes as Kyle Queen

~~~

It was late. Too late. My training finished later than expected and I had to get home quickly. This was a bad neighbourhood and things could end up badly, especially for a young girl. The street I was on was completely deserted and with only one street light. I just reached in my bag to pull out my phone, when I heard quick footsteps a few meters behind me. I cursed silently. My subconscious was right - again. I looked back.

Too late. A stranger had already reached me and pulled hard for my bag, which slipped off my shoulder, and started running.

I froze, completely in shock. A few milliseconds passed by, before I realized I had to do something in order to get my bag back. "Hey, douchebag!" I yelled after him. He slowed down and stopped a few meters away from me, turned around and pointed at himself with a surprised expression.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, you. Is stealing a girl's bag some sort of a pick-up line, or you're just a criminal?" I shouted and he snorted. He approached me again and I smirked cockily. Just the way I wanted it to go. 'Distract and run,' I mentally reminded myself of one of the lectures I was taught in class of marital arts.

"I guess I'm just a criminal," he said in a low, husky voice and looked at me challengingly. "Are you scared of me now that you know that?" He stopped around two meters away from me. That was tactical, because I couldn't see his face yet, nor get the bag back, but enough for him to hear me.

I snorted sarcastically. "Me? Afraid of you? Why? Because you stole my bag?" I said and rolled my eyes, even though my heart was beating rapidly. I had to admit, I did feel a bit scared. He was taller than me and I could see he was way stronger than me from his posture and broad shoulders. "Come on, bad boy, everyone can do that."

His lips curled in a smirk and he raised his eyebrows. "Oh really? Is that so?" he asked, amused, and I rolled my eyes, not wanting to keep up the pointless conversation.

"What do you want? Money?"

The only response I got to my question was a smirk as he took a step in my direction.

He was pretty close by then, which gave me a chance to take a look at him. He was wearing washed-out jeans, a red hoodie and a black leather jacket over it. I couldn't see his face clearly, because of the hood over his head, which was shading half his face. All I could make out was a well defined jaw, a nose, which looked like it survived a lot of fights, and his full lips, which were currently smirking at me. He was handsome and seemed young, like he was my age, and I had a feeling I'd seen him somewhere, I just couldn't put my finger on where exactly.