Chapter 24

After I left Kyle I went to join the others who were standing in front of the house, waiting for us, but he didn't follow. I felt a slight pang of disappointment because of that, but quickly convinced myself it was better that way. After all, he had a horrible attitude towards me and didn't deserve my sadness.

In front of the house there was Tanya, standing out with her jet black hair, colorful tattoos and bold style, Kyle's two friends, whose names I still didn't know, Chris, Mia and me. Before we arrived I assumed Tanya's friends who drove us here will be coming too, but they told us they had to 'get some things done first,' before coming back.

The party was already in full swing by the time we got inside. The house was immense and it held plenty of people, so no one noticed we were actually not invited. We headed straight to the room with a bar, and the waiter, yes, the waiter, poured us some drinks.

After having a few drinks I was already feeling a bit tipsy. We were all standing in a circle and talking, each holding their own cup. The atmosphere was great, probably because Kyle didn't join us after our argument.

I finally learned the names of his two friends. The blonde one was Beau and he didn't talk much, mostly observed. His bright eyes were carefully following everyone, studying us  and watching our every move. In the beginning of the night I thought he was a more conservative shy guy, but after having a few drinks and loosening up, I figured he was quite funny in his own, sarcastic way. He was probably the rational one in a group.

Although I had nothing against him, he clearly held something against all three of us, Chris, Mia and me. Every time one of us spoke, he tensed and his eyes narrowed, as if he wanted us to shut up immediately. Sometimes his comments and observations towards us were quite cruel and offensive, so he didn't really get along with Chris. They actually had similar personalities, thats why they probably could argue over every small thing.

Brownie's name was Diesel, and he was the 'funny guy/the player'. He was constantly joking, playing around and laughing. He was also a major flirt, so he quickly found himself a girl and left, winking at us as he slid his arm around a girl's waist and guided her towards the door.

After he left I had to go to the bathroom and Chris and Mia volunteered to accompany me. As we were searching for the bathroom, making our way through the sweaty crowd, i stopped on my tracks after seeing a familiar figure. A rush of nervousness flood through me as I blinked a couple of times, trying to convince myself I was just drunk and therefore seeing things that weren't there.

But after Chris growled "That fucking asshole," and Mia gasped, I knew I wasn't dreaming.

In the other corner of the room was sitting a familiar blonde muscular figure, who i recognized as my boyrfiend.

Chad.

What is he doing here?

My heartbeat sped as i saw a person sitting next to him, and my palms started sweating. I could only watch as the girl leaned in and I slowly followed the moves of Chad's hand, which he tangled in her long blonde hair and pulled down on her head, crashing his lips against hers.

Something in me moved, and suddenly everything in me started falling to pieces. The room started spinning and all I could focus on was Chad, kissing another girl. My mind shut down as I was struggling hold in the tears that I felt were forming in my eyes. I looked up and  blinked a couple of times, getting rid of the drops. I inhaled a couple of times to calm myself down and put a blank expression on my face. I wasn't going to let myself fall to pieces in front of the crowd, in front of him. He didn't deserve it.

"That's it, I'm going to kill him," declared Chris as she started walking towards him. We were only a few meters apart and she started marching towards Chad and his companion.