Chapter 14

HEY GUYS, I'M FINALLY BACK!

I am really really sorry for the long wait, I was traveling and didn't have time!! Now I'm back, and I will try to upload new chapters ASAP. 

The new cover was made by @cutiepiechloe, thank you so much! I love it!

Thank you for all the comments, they made my holidays even better! 

Enjoy!

xoxo

-A

***********************************************************************************************

»So ... can I get your number?« I asked a guy, standing in front of me and tried to smile at him flirtatiously, while wrapping a strand of my now freshly cut short hair on my finger. He was one of the guys from Chad's team and he knew me and Chad were together, that's why he scrunched his eyebrows and looked at me weirdly. He opened his mouth, but I cut in. »It's for Chad, of course,« I hurried up, trying not to sound too pathetic, even though I did. »All of his contacts got deleted and he told me to ask his every friend for his number ...« I trailed off as I heard how stupid that sounds. I grinned at the guy, Leo, to try and hide my slip, while mentally hitting myself on the head.

Why would Chad's contacts get deleted? He's not an idiot to do it on purpose! And why on earth would he ask his girlfriend to go to all of his friends and ask them for their phone number? He wouldn't! Never! Do you ever think about things before saying them?!???!?!

Leo, now looking more confused than ever, shifted uncomfortably and looked at me. »Okay ...?« He agreed and I flashed him a grin. »Perfect!« I pulled a phone out of my pocket and put it in front of his face so he could type in his number. He did and I saved it as 'Leo Chad'.

"Okay, great, thanks!" I enthusiastically said again as I touched his shoulder and winked at him. "See you later!"

He raised his eyebrows as he raised his hand and waved at me, before I turned around and hopped to Kyle, who was surrounded with girls. Was I so desperate I flirted with Chad's teammate? Yes. Will I tell that to Kyle? Absolutely not. I have already tried to get a number from 3 guys, unsuccessfully I must say. And Kyle has in the meantime already talked to at least dozen girls. So I got a bit desperate, I must admit it, don't judge me. I was trying to beat Kyle! The guy was cute though.

When Kyle saw me coming, he quickly made up an excuse to get rid of the girls and came towards me. I grinned and showed him the number. He took my phone and examined the number, then returned and looked in my eyes, smirking.

"So, how happy is Chad going to be when he finds out young Leo is going out with his girlfriend?" he said, mockingly, and I rolled my eyes. "I won't call him back, I just did it to prove to you that I can flirt."

"Oh really? Then why did you tell him the number is for Chad?" He shot back and continued. "You saved him as Leo Chad, angel. I am not stupid. Plus, why did he look at you confused all the time, when he should be returning the flirtatious gestures? I was looking at you. You weren't flirting with him, you were explaining something, basically pushing him to give you his number. That, sweetheart, isn't flirting."

I walked to the nearest bench and sat down. I put my head in my hands and groaned. I felt Kyle sit down right next to me. Of course I forgot to change the name I put in, 'Leo Chad', before Kyle had seen it. That's so typically me. "Fine, I give up. Let's do something that's actually fun," I said in my hands and felt him chuckle.

"Flirting is fun, you just have to know how to do it. If you wouldn't be so stubborn and admit that you don't know shit about it, I could teach you. You could also put it on the list of 50 things you've never done."

I raised my head and looked at him. He looked completely serious and I narrowed my eyes. "And you won't make fun of me for not being able to flirt?"

He smirked. "Angel, I have already known you don't know how to flirt when I made that bet. Why did you think I made it? To lose?"

"Well ..." I trailed off. I didn't even know why I accepted that bet. We bet who could get more phone numbers from an opposite sex. I thought that would be easy, but after 3 guys rejected me because they knew I'm dating Chad, I knew I was screwed.

"I did it to win. And I did. 13 numbers in half an hour. I'd say it's quite a record, even for me," he said with a smug face while he put his arms in the air and stretched back. I watched how his T-shirt clung to his muscular torso and I then I finally understood why I couldn't get out of his grip that night in that alley. His shoulders were broad, as if he trained swimming, his chest was built just right and his arms were really muscular. He had to do some boxing. Every time he moved I could see how the muscles on his torso moved and I felt like I was in trans, I couldn't stop looking at him.

"Alexis?" He snapped his fingers in front of my face and I quickly looked in his eyes. He was smirking at me, as if he exactly knew what kind of effect his moves had on me and I blushed. "Sorry, what were you saying? I got lost."

"More like distracted," he murmured quietly as his eyes caught my stare. My reply got stuck in my throat as I looked in his mesmerizing eyes. He was inching closer to me. "You know," he murmured, his voice hoarse, "if you ever gather the courage," I tried to look away but he put his finger on my chin lightly and forced me to look in his eyes, causing goosebumps spreading all over my skin, "to dump that boyfriend of yours," his other hand trailed down my bare arm, leaving my skin ignited because of his touch. He put his hand on my lower thigh and my breath caught in my throat. "Then you have to find me," his hand started moving upwards, "I will show you how to really have fun." His face, which was constantly inching towards mine when he was speaking, suddenly stopped mere inches in front of mine and I could feel his minty breath on my lips. He pulled my chin closer and I looked down because I couldn't stand his eyes piercing though mine anymore. My brain shut down, I couldn't think of anything else but his presence, the heat from his body and the distance between us, which was diminishing with every second. I waited in anticipation for what was about to happen, but after 5 seconds of not feeling anything, I looked up and my eyes met his.

"And that, my angel, is how to flirt."