Chapter 19

After arriving to the station I was forced to take off the clothes we have stolen and change into my old clothes. They took our personal details and escorted us to the cell, where we had to wait for our parents to pick us up.

When we got to the cell, Kyle strolled to the nearest bench and plopped himself on it, while I kept walking in circles, nervous. I kept thinking about my father's response to my arrest. I knew he would be pissed off, because I have never behaved like that, and unlike Kyle's dad, he's not used to paying bail and getting me out of jail. I didn't even know if he was in the country, because he was always traveling and going to different business meetings. So if he hadn't been home, I would have been screwed.

While I was walking up and down the cell, Kyle kept whistling silently to himself, which annoyed the hell out of me.

"Can you stop?" I finally snapped at him. He looked at me with a surprised expression on his face.

"Why, does it bother you?" he asked, confused, and I nodded eagerly.

"Okay," he said and stopped without further negotiation, which was confusing for me. I thought he would pick up a fight against me, like he always does, but apparently he felt my anger and decided it was smarter not to push it.

After a minute of silence, my ears were filled with whistling again, this time louder.

I stopped in the middle of my step and turned towards him, placing my hands on my hips. "Didn't I tell you this annoys me?" I asked him furiously, glaring at him.

He looked up slowly, meeting my furious gaze. "Didn't I tell you I don't give a fuck?" he asked and cocked his head. I narrowed my eyes as I held a gaze with his piercing grey eyes.

"Are you always that rude or is it just when you're with me?" I asked and crossed my arms on my chest.

Our conversation seemed to amuse him, because he crossed his arms on his chest, mimicking my moves. He looked at me for a couple of seconds, before answering. "You'll get used to it."

I scoffed. "How come you even have friends when you're such a douche?"

He smirked. "At least I don't pretend to be someone I'm not."

My eyebrows shot up as I stared at him in disbelief. "Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean?" I asked harshly. "Are you talking about me?" Why would he be talking about me?

He slowly licked his lips, his eyes avoiding mine, before he finally adverted his gaze and met my furious one.

"If everybody likes you, you're clearly doing something wrong," he stated, stood up and took a step towards me. "You're basically the princess of the school, everybody likes you. Please don't tell me you like every single person in the school, because then you're a liar."

I immediately thought about Lydia, whom I've hated since the day one. Yet, I have never told her what I think of her. I tried to avoid her and spend less time with her, but I never showed and implied with anything that I didn't like her. I scoffed as I glanced to the door, hoping someone would come and save me. I suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable in his presence. Maybe because deep down I knew he was right, and his comments and observations would only make it worse.

"So?" I asked, trying to hold to my last hope that I didn't understand him correctly.

"Have you ever really told them what you really think about them?" he questioned and I closed my eyes. I wanted to say yes, I wanted to tell him off and fight him, but I couldn't. I didn't want him to be right, but he was. And the thought of that terrified me.

"Have you ever told someone to fuck off when they annoyed you?" No. He took a step towards me.

"Have you ever been rude to someone you didn't like?" No... Another step. He was now really close to me, looking me straight in the eyes. I wanted to break the eye contact, but his gaze was too intense and I couldn't make myself look away.

"Have you ever told Chad you don't like him?" No... He smirked as he took one last step towards me, his chest now touching me, his eyes above mine, so he was looking down. I could feel the energy radiating from his body, connecting to mine and I could almost feel the electricity in the air.

"You don't have to tell me the answer to anything, because I already know it. And you can judge me all you want, but at least I have a clear conscious. You don't. Just remember Alexis," he paused dramatically and licked his lips, "everyone is alone in the end, no matter how many friends you have. Isn't it better to live the way you want to, then?"

With his last words, he waited for a couple of moments, before stepping away from me and plopped himself back on the bench, as if nothing had happened, and left me there, speechless, thinking hard about his words.

I tried to get my thoughts together, to tell him something back. I didn't want him to think he'd won, even though he did. Again. How the hell did he know so much about me?

"At least I don't go around hating everyone and making everyone hate me," I shot back, my lame attempt at a comeback, the best one I could think of in that moment. The problem with comebacks is that if you wait for too long, it's not as good. So I'd take even a bad one, just to say something back at Kyle. "You probably didn't get much love at home if you think like that," I trailed off, trying to get him like he got me.

I probably should not have said that.

With my last words, his head shot up and he sent me a deathly glare. The air around us changed and I was suddenly feeling really claustrophobic. He stood up quickly and started walking towards me with a furious glare and stone cold expression on his face. I started walking backwards, only for my back to meet the wall. He reached me in a matter of seconds, his muscular, tall body towering over mine, and I gulped. This is not good.

"Don't you ever," he said slowly, his voice ice cold, "ever," he emphasized, "talk about things you know shit about."

I gulped as I avoided his gaze, but he put his fingers under my chin. "Look at me." He forced me to divert my gaze and meet his eyes, which were suddenly extremely dark. "Do we understand each other?"

I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze, trying my best to keep calm while I was freaking out on the inside. He looked like he could punch me if I didn't agree to his deal, and this was the first time I was really scared of him.

"Yes," I whispered. I wanted my voice to be strong, but it turned out I didn't have the power to do it. His reaction to my words shocked me. I haven't seen anyone get so pissed off so fast. But I did hear about his temper, which was said to be really short. I always thought people were overreacting, but this time, they might me right.

I"Queen, you're- wait, what's going on here?" The cop came to our cell and interrupted our moment. Kyle quickly let go of me and backed away from me. The cop, who I recognized was Bob, looked at Kyle first, and then at me. He probably saw my scared expression, because he asked: "Are you okay?"

I quickly nodded and smiled, trying to assure nothing bad has happened. He gave me a small smile, before turning to Kyle.

"The bail was paid, you can go." He opened the cell door for him and Kyle walked out. I wanted to go after him, but Bob closed the door right in front of me.

"What is going on?" I asked confused.

Bob looked at me and raised his eyebrows. "Your bail hasn't been paid yet, sweet cheeks, so I can't let you out." I looked at Kyle with my mouth open.

"You're going to leave me alone?" I asked hysterically, my voice high-pitched.

He looked into my eyes with a passive expression, his face stone cold. "Remember what I told you before, Alexis? Everyone is alone in the end."

With that words, he walked out of the station and left me there, speechless.

And extremely pissed off.

This is war.

~~~

Hey guys!

Thank you for all the votes and comments, please keep them coming!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

What did you think about Kyle's words, were they true? And why did he get so pissed when Alexis mentioned his family?

Everything will be revealed in the next chapters, the book has only started!

xoxo

A