Chapter 20

About a half an hour after Kyle left me alone in a cell, my thoughts were interrupted by Bob, who came to tell me someone had paid for my bail and I could go. I quickly stood up, eager to leave the cell and stop thinking about what Kyle had said to me, because that's the only thing I could think about since he left.

On one hand, I hated how he accused me of things he didn't know anything about, how he interfered in my life and how rude, vulgar and impolite he was, especially to me. But on the other hand, I loved the feeling of excitement I got when I was with him, I couldn't forget the rush of adrenaline I got when we were running from the cops and I couldn't stop thinking about his beautiful blue eyes, which amazed me every time I looked into them.

I knew I probably won't be able to forget about his words, and that I would probably stay up all night, thinking about that, but I just needed a break. I wondered who came to pay the bail and get me out of jail, because I was almost completely sure my dad was in Europe, and he wouldn't be home until next week.

I stepped out of the cell and headed to the exit, when I spotted two very familiar figures. There they were, my saviors, Mia and Chris. I could feel a huge grin spreading on my face when I saw them. I guess my father really was out of town, so they came to bail me out. The question was, how did they do it?

Bob came to me and gave me the bags of stuff Kyle and I bought, and I thanked him, while watching the scene that was happening right in front of me.

I couldn't see something about them was different until I came closer, but then it hit me. Chris looked nothing like herself. She had a lot more make-up on her face than usual, and was wearing a grey dress, over the knee boots and a long grey coat, and therefore looked much older than she was. Her normal wardrobe consisted of ripped jeans, oversized T-shirts and sneakers, so I could bet my money none of it was hers. She normally wouldn't wear any of that. She hated girly stuff. But today, she looked more elegant than ever.

When I reached them, Chris was talking to an officer, explaining something so him

When I reached them, Chris was talking to an officer, explaining something so him. I could see she was angry, because she was using big hand gestures, which she always does when she's angry.

I came closer and listen to what she was saying. Her voice was loud and echoed through the room, her posture straight. I could see the officer she was talking to was a bit intimidated by her.

"I am sorry, officer, but I think that Michael King can keep his personal life a secret if he wants to, and he does. I have already told you I am currently responsible for Alexis King, since my fiancée is out of town, therefore I am obliged to pay her bail and get her out of jail. And I will not let anyone, especially you, tell me what I can and cannot do."

I suddenly got what the whole outfit was about, and snickered to myself. She was impersonating my dad's new girlfriend, and the clothes she was wearing probably belonged to her. She knew that once she mentions my father, everybody starts respecting you more.