Chapter 28

"I've never done that," I admitted and let out a nervous laugh. He smirked, clearly amused by my innocence. "Don't worry, I can help you," he offered and leaned closer to me, removing his hand from my thigh and putting it on the trunk next to my body. "Put it between your lips," he instructed as he leaned on his arm, inching closer to me. Every time I inhaled I could smell his intoxicating scent.

I did as I was told. "Okay, good. Now inhale deeply, try to keep your shoulders steady and let your stomach stretch," he said. I did what he said and inhaled.

The first puff was horrible. The second I inhaled the smoke filled my lungs and I started coughing. I heard Kyle chuckle as I was gasping for air.

I hit his arm and narrowed my eyes at him. "Not funny," I warned him and raised my eyebrows, and he chuckled again.

"You're right, it was hilarious," he winked at me and I rolled my eyes at his playfulness. "Okay, the first time is the hardest, try again," he encouraged me and I did.

After a few tries I finally could inhale smoke without choking. I passed it to Kyle and he took it without a word. We sat together, our bodies brushing against each other every now and then as we both gazed in the distant town, both lost in our own thoughts.

I had to admit that with every smoke I inhaled I liked it more. Smoking weed made me feel like I was finally able to make my own choices. After a few passes to one another I could feel the weed starting to have effect on me. I started feeling lighter and the questions running through my mind seemed to gain extra speed, as they kept spinning around my head extra fast. I could feel Kyle beside me calm down as he put his palms behind him and leaned back on them, his posture now more relaxed.

I felt the need to push the questions in my mind aside, and I did. I could feel the borders I set before crashing down as I started forming a question for Kyle.

"How can you do that?" I blurted out without rethinking, and scrunched my eyebrows, trying to understand myself. Gosh, weed must have had a stronger effect on me than I thought.

Kyle turned to me with eyebrows raised, his bright blue eyes boring into mine.

"Do what?"

"Don't care about anything," I said and sighed, covering my face with my palms. "I wish I could do that too," I looked up in the sky and then back at him. He was staring in the distance, deep in thought, contemplating my question.

"Everyone can do that, Alexis," he finally answered me and connected his eyes with mine. I could feel his powerful energy radiating from him and suddenly felt small next to him. I could see he's been through a lot, when I was only learning to stand on my two feet and deciding for myself what to do.

"You just need to learn how."

"Can you show me?" I asked him hesitantly and saw his eyes light up with wonder.

"Why do you suddenly not want to care anymore?" he asked and tilted his head on the side without breaking eye contact.

I shifted uncomfortably under his piercing gaze. I knew he was good at observing and analyzing people and his extraordinary talent scared and attracted me at the same time.

"I just ..." I paused and took a deep breath, "I just don't want to get hurt anymore," I said through my teeth and looked away from Kyle, trying to explain what I felt. "All that has happened today was shocking and it hurt me. But ... I don't want to give Chad or Lyla the satisfaction of seeing that they hurt me. I know everyone will know about it by tomorrow, the whole school gossiping about me being naïve and trusting Chad while he was sleeping with other people." I stopped and looked at Kyle. He was watching me with interest, his brain analyzing every word I said. I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched my jaw. I let out a breath and opened my eyes again, my gaze meeting his.

"I guess i just don't want to be weak anymore."

The silence surrounded us for a couple of moments.

Kyle turned his whole body towards me, our legs touching. He locked his gaze with mine when he finally broke the silence. "What would you do in this exact moment, if you didn't give a fuck about anything?" He asked me, his eyes staring intensely in mine, his scent surrounding me and weed still in my blood. I moved my gaze to his lips, which were full and red, and felt an urge to touch them.

I lifted my hand and almost put it back down because I thought the gesture would appear weird, when I remembered his words, 'if you didn't give a fuck about everything'. I wanted to touch his lips and I would do it. So I gathered the courage and lifted my hand to his face, cupping his cheek. He clearly expected me to do that, because he didn't even flinch when my cold hand make contact with his skin.

I brushed my thumb over his upper lip and moved it down to his lower lip, pulling it out softly. I gasped as his lips caught my thumb and put it between his teeth, lightly biting down on it. My eyes snapped up to meet his sparkling ones, the corner of his mouth curling up in a smirk. The unusual gesture had my stomach spiraling, and by the expression on his face, he clearly knew what kind of effect he had on me.

I wanted to move closer to him, but he clearly had other plans as he gripped my waist and lifted me, positioning me on his knees so I was sitting on one leg while my legs were dangling over the other one. I threw my left arm behind his neck, stabilizing myself.

I gulped at the sudden closeness as I felt one of his hands gripping my thigh, the other one traveling up and cupping my exposed neck, his actions sending shivers down my spine.

His eyes were now darker, he was looking at me differently than before. Before, his eyes were revealing interest and amusement. Now, they were expressing lust and want.

Our breaths mixed as I moved my head down until our foreheads touched. I felt as his hand was moving up and down my thigh while his thumb made light contacts with my neck, each making my skin ignited.

I have never wanted to kiss someone more than I did in that moment. 

"Scared, Angel?" he whispered lightly as his lips touched my neck lightly. Even though his lips felt incredible against my delicate skin, I grabbed his neck with both hands and put his head in a normal position.

"From now on?" I smirked without breaking eye contact. "Never," I breathed out and finally crashed my lips to his.

~~~

Is that a cliffhanger??? Ayyy yes it is! Sorry, I'm just in the mood :D

Anyways, this is the second update today, this is my Christmas gift to you and the appology for updating so late!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I love reading your reviews, so please keep commenting and voting, it means a lot! :))

I will try to update ASAP, although I won't make any promises because I'm going on vacations tomorrow and I won't get home until Monday. 

xoxo

A