Chapter 23

The day passed by and I didn't see Kyle anymore, much to my dismay. All of my friends in school loved my new look and apparently, the whole school was talking about it and the purpose behind it. I thanked god no one knew it was because of Kyle, becaude I didn't want any roumors about me circling around the school. I always like to avoid drama, not cause it.

I found it extremely hard to walk the school corridors today. I started noticing everything that's wrong with the school, the people, the system. Kyle's comments about fakeness in a society and people's behaviour really got me thinking and the more I was aware of that, the more it bothered me.

The cheer practice was especially traumatizing today. Lydia was extremely sweet to me, she was constantly near me and was really getting on my nerves. Whenever I was looking it seemed like she was trying to get my attention, but once I turned my back on her I could almost feel her personality switch from a sweetheart to a stone cold bitch. I didn't really care about her anymore, as long as she stayed out of my business. I started to realize how she behaved around others, which made me dislike her even more.

After the training, I headed straight home and got read for the party. Chris and Mia were already there and have already picked an outfit for me.

They decided i should wear a silver top, combined with black choker around my neck, black skinny jeans, leather black jacket and silver heels. I didn't apply too much make-up, only mascara and silver shades. My hair was down andthey made it look a bit messy.

As the night was getting closer, I was getting more and more excited. This was the first time after a long time that I would go out with the girls on a school night. We could afford that whenever our dad was out of time, but because I was with Chad, I didn't take advantage of my dad's absence a lot. Our family relation were always based on trust, because my dad was never really around, so we had to learn to do everything ourselves.

Tanya came to pick us up at 9 o'clock sharp. We quickly gathered our things and headed downstairs. I took one last look in the mirror before heading down.

~~~

On the way there I learned we weren't actually invited to the party, but Tanya said that won't be an issue. I was excited, because I've never crashed a party before, and I wondered how it's going to be like.

On the way there we all did a few shots, including the driver, who, of course, happened to be no other than Kyle.

We hadn't spoken since jail and I was a bit nervous, like I always am around him, so I welcomed the alcohol with open hands. I am that kind of a person, who can't relax on a party without being drunk. The thought of being surrounded by drunk people while being sober made me cringe and drink even more. I didn't want to be sober, definitely not.

The party was already in full mode once we got there. We all got out of the car, me being the last one. Everyone had already started walking towards the massive bright house, which was full of people, and I couldn't wait to go inside.

I headed behind the others, but I suddenly felt a strong grip on my upper hand, pulling me back. I spun around and came face to face with Kyle. He was looking down at me and I felt like he was studying my expression, which I tried keeping blank, in order to make it more difficult for him to read me.

Before I came with Tanya to the party today, I made a promise to myself. I had to tell him that losing control like that wasn't cool and that I won't be accepting that the next time. I knew that if I let it go, he would just do it again.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked me, his voice raspy and low. I met his blue eyes and raised my eyebrows.

"Oh, so now we're okay again? I'm sorry, I had to check due to your mood swings which occur just about every minute," I snapped and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," he lied smoothly as his hands traveled down my sides and stopped on my hips. He gripped my waist and pulled me closer to him, leaving absolutely no space between us.

He leaned down a bit and brought his lips to my ear, slightly brushing it. I could feel all my senses getting hightened because of his closeness, and I mentaly scolded my body for being so sensitive to him.

"I like your new style, Alexis," he murmured, my name rolling off his tongue slowly. He brushed his nose against my skin, leaving it ignited because of his touch. I hated admitting it, but I did feel attracted towards him and when we were together, the tension was always there, no matter how hard I wanted to avoid it.

I realized I can't fall for his charms again, so I quickly gathered my thoughts before inhaling deeply.

"Stop trying to distract me," I hissed and pushed him away, catching him off guard. He let go of my waist and stumbled back, a surprise written on his face.

"So what you're saying is, you don't remember snapping at me and almost hitting me?" I challenged him and sent him a dirty look.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh that's what you're talking about," he murmured and i rolled my eyes and mimicked him. "Yes, that's what I'm talking about," i said in a duh tone and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Do you always snap like that when something you don't like happens?" I asked him, genuenly wondering. He glared at me and stepped closer.

"Just don't be too nosy about stuff that aren't your concern. We're not friends so i dont have to tell you anything," he stated harshly. He was now only a few inches closer, his angry expression facing mine.

I have to admit, his last sentence hurt me. I knew we weren't friends, but I didn't expect from him to throw that in my face, when he was the one who was always coming to me.

"Fine," I hissed furiously. "Then leave me the hell alone." I pushed his chest away from me, turned around and left him standing there.

Now I really need a drink.

~

~~

Hey guys!
This is more like a filler chapter, I wanted to update earlier to thank you guys for commenting and voting!
I will be updating again on Thursday!

Teaser for the next chapter:
-Party!
-Drama!
-More drama!
-Kyle
-Kyle
-...
Please, vote and comment if you like the story! :)
Xoxo
-A