19: The Truth Unfolds

"His name is Sebastian Danzig Kropp," Tony starts when everyone leaves. "He's-"

"Remington's brother," I seeth. 

Tony sighs and nods. "Yeah. I need to call someone to help," he grumbles and pulls his phone out, walking away. 

Awsten pats my back lightly. "Kellin, don't worry your cute little head, we'll find Remington and Sebastian and throw them all the way to Mexico." 

"Hey! Not the Mexicans!" Jaime yelps. "Throw 'em at Trump." 

Awsten shrugs. "Sure, why not?" 

"Alright, gang," Tony walks back over. "Way will be here any minute. He's going to explain shit," he speaks. 

"Okay, until then, Tony, can I talk to you?" Jaime says. Tony nods and they walk out. I hear them speaking in Spanish, so I don't even try to eavesdrop.

"Kellin, are you going to be okay?" Awsten starts. "I mean, I can stay-"

"No, if you have somewhere to be, just... Go," I purse my lips and sit down. He sighs and sits beside me. 

"I don't know you very well. And I don't know Vic that well. I also hate lying to the people I love because that's what got a lot of them killed. So, I'm telling you the closest thing to the truth," he starts. "Vic will make it. Sure, the stab seemed pretty bad, and sure you have a bunch of people trying to kill you, but he will make it, because deep in his brain, he knows that he has to get back to you. There's no other choice left. He's going to defy every single law to come back. He'll restart his own heart and keep his brain working just for you. He won't leave you."

"But- he can't control that. I hear what you're saying but- he can't control that," I mumble. 

"Kellin, for the brief months I known him, he's been this harsh, sad, loveless bird. He was basically a soldier with no heart- other than for his family and close friends. He would go to work, then go home. He wouldn't talk to many other people unless he had to. He would rarely smile, much less laugh in front of people. Until he met you. Then, suddenly it was like his brain understood how emotions work and he started having them. You changed him, in a good way, and he won't let that go so easily. You got that?" 

I nod hesitantly. "I guess... I'm just worried that he won't make it." 

"Stop worrying about that. Unless you want me to repeat my entire speech again," he says tiredly.

"No, I'm good," I smile slightly. "Do you have to go?" 

"Yeah. I'm supposed to be finding stuff out about someone. I'll see you later," he winks and walks out the door. "Oh, hey sir," he says. I stand up. 

Who's he talking to?

"Yeah, they're inside," he says. "Okay, bye!" 

Then the door opens. 

Tony and Jaime walk back in and smile at the man. 

"Good afternoon, Perry, Preciado," the man greets. 

"Way," both of them answer back. 

Then I start feeling awkward. Should I leave? I should probably leave. 

I slowly start walking away when I hear-

"Is that Quinn?" 

"Yeah, that's him. He knows, so we might as well speak in front of him- what are you doing, Kellin?" Jaime asks. 

The attention switches to me and I feel like I'm on stage in front of a million people. 

"Uh-" I blink. 

"Yeah, so Fuentes was brought to the building, he should be returning in a few days. Until then, I'm making Preciado in charge. I assume not much will change since you three do everything together." 

"Well, not everything," Jaime glances at me. The man gives me a look and my cheeks burn. I look down in hopes he doesn't realize. 

"Yes... Um, I'm Gerard Way. I'm basically the leader of the entire operation. Right now, I'm here to explain a situation that Perry has given me," he sighs. "I hear that you've encountered Ms. Taylor Jardine?" 

"Yeah... Many times."

"Yes, well. She isn't who you think she is... You see, she was from the other side. But then, I got to speak to her and convinced her to work with us... As a double agent. She would continue to snoop around your life, but feed us information about your father and his plans." 

"Could-" I sigh. "Could you try not to refer to that man as my father?" 

"Oh, yes, I'm sorry," he clears his throat. "Anyway, Ms. Jardine has been giving us information, but you talking to her has made things difficult. She's afraid that if someone saw, that she would be in deep water and would be killed. So I need to warn you, if you ever want to see Jeuse Bostwick in prison, I suggest you stay away from Ms. Jardine." 

"Wait so, she's giving us credible information?" Tony asks. "How can you be so sure?" 

"We've taken down 3 warehouses because of her," Gerard speaks. "I know it's credible." 

Jaime nods. "So, what about the Kropp brothers?" 

"That's where it gets difficult. Since we have no easy way of contacting them... We need to speak to the youngest brother, Emerson." 

"How do you know he isn't a terrible person?" I ask. 

"We ran thorough background checks and checked his home, phone, contacts, bank, everything," Gerard explains. "I believe that we can get Emerson to talk. He may not know exactly what is going on, but he may know how to find his brothers. And if it gets to it- we put him up for bait." 

"WHAT?" I nearly shout. "You want to put an innocent person to bait for two terrible people?!" 

"Well, we won't actually hurt Emerson. I know that Remington is rather close to his younger brother, maybe we'll get to him, and he'll talk." 

I sigh and bite my lower lip. "Fine. But only if it gets to it?" 

"You have my word," Gerard nods. "I have to go now. If you need anything, just call," he turns to Tony and Jaime. "Good day." 

And with that, he left.