12. I Won't Leave You

I wake up to find myself with my arms tangled around Vic, and my head on his chest. He's awake too, mindlessly playing with strands of my hair. He smiles at me and I smile back. We cuddled and ended up sleeping in the same bed. NOTHING ELSE.

"Good morning," he speaks slowly. "Did you sleep okay?" 

"Mhm," I hum. He wraps one arm around me. 

"You fell asleep on the couch, so I brought you up here," he explains. I nod and sit up. "Do you have classes today?" 

I nod and peel the blanket off me to get out of bed. He follows behind me and pecks my lips before walking downstairs. 

I get ready and walk downstairs, only to find Vic making breakfast. I smile and walk up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist, and burying my face in his shoulder. 

"Hey, baby," he whispers. He turns off the stove and turns his head to kiss my temple. "Want some breakfast?" 

I nod and pull away. He turns and grabs my collar to pull me into a kiss. I sigh and he pulls away. "Kellin, what are you doing to me?" He mumbles. 

I give him a look and smile. "What are you talking about?" 

He laughs, but never drops the eye contact. "I mean, you're the only one that can make me so confused- but happy at the same time. I don't know why." He speaks thoughtfully. He reaches out and traces my jawline with his thumb. 

"Come on, if you keep talking like this, then I won't be able to go to classes," I joke. He laughs and pecks my cheek. 

"You should eat," he says. 

~~~

"You never talk to me, you meanie," Justin speaks over the phone. "Jack and Matty are busy fucks and can't come for the long weekend, but I'll be driving over." 

I sigh and roll my eyes. "You'll be driving for like an hour though." 

"Live your best life. I miss my friend." 

"Alright. Do you wanna stay the night?" I ask and sit on the couch. Vic had gone out while I was at my class. He gave me a key to his place, so I practically live there now, but whatever. He'll understand.

"Sure, it's better than sleeping in my car." 

There's a knock on my door. I look up and start towards the door. 

"I gotta go. Matty's taking all the plates and scrubbing them again. I'll talk to you later." 

I nod and say goodbye to him before he hangs up. There's another knock on the door and I sigh and open it. 

"What-" I nearly jump. Vic pushes past me. 

"Sorry, I uh- there's was a bit of an accident, and you're closer than my place. Do you have any first aid?" He coughs and stares at me. 

"What- are you okay?" I ask, walking to grab a kit. 

"Well, I mean. Define okay." He jokes.

"Sit down," I demand. He limps over to a chair. "Uh- you need to take off your shirt." 

He rolls his eyes and throws it off. "You've seen me shirtless before, Kellin. And we're dating now, remember?" 

"Right- yes," I trail off and pull out the bandages. "What even happened?" 

"Mini mission. It was get in, get out. Except we had some random dude in charge of the camera systems and fucked up. So guess who gets hurt. Luckily, Jaime and Tony didn't get too banged up. They ended up going back to base to yell at the asshole."