9. Listen to My Heart Thump

I storm out of the house, hearing him call after me. I quicken my pace and find myself in an abandoned road. I stop and look around, listening for something-anything. I look for a road sign or lights, but the only one I see is the one from a flickering streetlight. 

"Vic?" I speak softly, looking around. I could have sworn that he was behind me. 

My heart begins to thump, a panic washing over me. "Hello? Is anyone there?" 

"Kellin." 

I yelp and jump up, my feet start to move faster, trying to get out- only to have a hand clasp around my arm and jerk me over against a wall. 

I stare into his eyes, the darkness making it difficult for me to see him clearly. 

"I've been looking for you for a while... Fuentes has been doing an excellent job. But everyone fails at some point," he chuckles and raises his arm back. I immediately flinch, squeezing my eyes shut. 

I wait but nothing comes. 

I slowly open my eyes and stare. 

Another figure has the other in a chokehold. 

"Kellin, run!" He shouts. Vic

Instead, I stay frozen to the ground, staring intently, gasping every time he throws a punch. 

Soon, the man is on the ground, bleeding and groaning.

Vic walks over to me, and the fury in his eyes disappears into a softer look. He slowly cradles my cheek in his hand and holds me close. 

"I promised no one would hurt you," he whispers. 

"Who- who was that?" I mumble, not quite sure if I should feel terrified or safe after seeing Vic beat the shit out of that other dude. 

He shakes his head and turns me around so I can't see the body on the ground. "You don't have to worry about that," he mumbles. "Are you okay?" 

I nod and lean against him. He sighs and we start walking out of the area. Apparently, it's a parking lot a few blocks away, but it hasn't been used in a while. 

"Kellin," he stops me. "Stay here," he mumbles and reaches behind his back. I widen my eyes as he pulls out a gun- a small pistol, I probably would never know it's there until he took it out. He gives me a soft glance. "Scream if someone comes after you," he says before walking towards a dark corner. 

I stand, my arms wrapped around myself, my heart beating through my chest. I manage to keep my eyes open and looking up, but that's all I can do without having a heart attack. 

"We've been looking for you," A voice gruffs and grabs my shoulder, the strong arm pulls me into a chokehold, cutting off any air. 

I grab his arm in hopes to get him away, but he only holds tighter. 

"My job is to bring you to the boss, dead or alive. It's your choice," he grumbles. "Don't you dare make a noise. I swear to the devil, I will snap your neck." 

I gulp and nod. He starts to walk backward, dragging me with him. "W-wait-" I gasp. He stops, and loosens his grip- but only slightly. 

"What?" He snaps. 

"I-" I take a short breath and will all my force, I kick my foot back against his crotch. He yelps and releases me. I take the chance and run. "VIC!" I scream. 

I hear a click. 

"Stop, your whiny shouting," the man grunts, pointing the gun at me. I widen my eyes and freeze. "Turn around." I do as I'm told and stare at the black gun in his hand. 

Dead or alive.

He throws me a zip tie. "Cinch it with your teeth. Tight." He commands. I kneel down to grab the zip tie and combine my wrists together. He lets out a laugh and walks forward. "Turn around and kneel to the ground." 

I shakily turn and kneel. Fuck. Vic, where the fuck are you? I'm going to fucking die right here because of some fat guy with bad breath.

"He said dead or alive. I could have kept you alive, but alas," he presses the gun to the back of my head. "It seems as though I cannot." 

Boom.

A/N 

That's the end. Thanks for reading... Jkjk.... Unless...

~Lunar