4. Results of the Night

Vic and I ended up talking for three hours after that. Meaning, by the time he dropped me off and we said our goodbyes, the clock ticked ten. And of course, as soon as I walked in, I see Alex staring at me. He stands up and walks over to me. 

"So? Was he nice? Did he treat you well? Is he a gentleman? Do I have to hunt him down and break him?" He asks immediately. 

"He's great, Alex. And I'm pretty sure he isn't an ax murderer," I pull off my jacket and hang it by the door. He follows me into the kitchen where I grab a glass of water. 

"Meaning there's still a chance?" He asks. I roll my eyes and he follows me to the couch. I sit down and he sits next to me. "Seriously Kellin, if he hurts you-"

"Okay, mom." I set the glass down. "I'm being careful, don't worry. And besides, Vic saved my life," I say as casually as the sun setting. 

He blinks and grabs my shoulders and shake them. "YOU ALMOST DIED?" He screams. His eyes going as wide as saucers. 

"Alex- oh my god. There was a guy that had a knife and Vic got him to scurry off. So in reality, you should thank Vic instead of threatening him." 

He stops shaking me and hugs me. "Don't you dare die, you idiot. If you die, I swear to god, I will kill you," he mumbles. "Also, I'm not your mom, I'm your honorary dad." 

"Okay, now please- let go- can't breathe- going to die-" I cough out. He pulls away, blinks, and hugs me again. "Okay, okay. I promise you, I won't die until you do." 

"Wait-" he pulls away. "Are you saying as long as I live, you will too?" He grins. "Holy shit, I should just never die." 

"Alex," I raise an eyebrow. He blinks and shrugs. "Anyway, did you literally stay here the whole time?" 

"Fuck yeah, I did. I needed to make sure I wouldn't have to beat the shit outta him," he puts his hands on his hips. "No one gets to hurt my little virgin friend." 

I roll my eyes and lay back against the couch. "Shit- what about Jack and Brendon and-"

"Tyler called. Said that they passed out and now he has to stay there to make sure they don't die. Damn, what's up with our friend group dying all the time?" He groans. "Sometimes I feel like a mother with five kids. Luckily, one of my kids doesn't get drunk. He doesn't really do anything, but now he's growing up and-" he wipes a fake tear. "He's growing up so fast," he caresses my cheek. 

I swat him off. "Fuck off," I glare at him. He shoots me a goofy smile and stands up. 

"Well, I should go make sure Tyler doesn't die trying to make sure the others don't die. Have fun, use protection, and uh... Try not to break the bed," he winks before dashing off. 

"ALEX!" I yell, hearing his stupid little giggle as he slams the door. I stand up and put the empty glass away, thinking about the date. 

I think I actually like him. I smile at the ground and walk up to the bedroom. I'm not even sure how I managed to get a two-story apartment, but I did. My neighbors aren't bad either, especially if Vic stays across my place sometimes. 

I found out that Vic actually grew up around here. He's only two years older than me, which makes him 23. He's a single child and grew up with both parents. Loving parents. 

I sigh and sit down on my bed. Two months and that bastard gets out. He deserves life behind bars for what he did. 

Vic also mentioned some of his friends that he works with. Says he's close with them like I am with my friends.  

I find myself lost in my thoughts for a while. It's hard not to, though. Especially when everything's so loud. 

My phone vibrates and I pick it up. 

Alex: HELP

I nearly drop the phone in shock. I reply quickly, already fearing the worst. 

Kellin: what?

Alex: COME OUTSIDE

I jump up and rush out the door and to the elevator. This is the bad thing about living on the eighth floor. I can't really get down as quickly as I'd like. 

I rush outside and turn the corner to see Alex, leaning against the wall. 

"Alex?" I run over. He looks up and hugs me. 

"There was a guy that kept talking about you, and then he told me to call you down- and I freaked out," he says breathlessly. "I thought he might be the guy that you mentioned earlier and I didn't want to call you-" I finally realize the blood on his lip and the bruise on his cheek. "He punched me, and said he'd do worse if I didn't call you-" 

"What happened after that? Where is he?" I ask. I stop when I hear a grunt. I walk into the alley and stare at two guys fighting. 

One pins the other down. "You aren't going to touch him or his friends, you got that, punk? Now you tell your boss to stop doing business to Bostwick, or I swear to god I will burn all of you," a voice says menacingly. I flinch at the name. Alex looks at me oddly. 

"Kellin?" He whispers. "Are you okay?" 

The man on the ground is let go and the other one walks into the light.

My jaw drops and I step away from him. 

"Kellin? Oh god, please don't run away," he pleads, stepping toward me. Alex watching in confusion, looking between both of us. 

He then fixates his glance on the man.  

"Vic." 

A/N 

As of right now, my birthday is in 4 minutes, and I'm flipping out. 

Also, sorry for really sucking at posting- I'll try and get better. 

I love all of y'all. 

~Lunar