Chapter 31

I can't wait for MADDIE to get 10 reads, so here's your story! But please, just please, read MADDIE!
•_________________________•

I take a step into the apartment, and see streamers thrown everywhere, a cake, and a huge, rectangular shaped banner, that reads "The Kids Are Home!"
All of Our friends are sitting somewhere in the house. Chris, Will, and Lynn are on the couch, Marlene, and now Uriah and Zeke sit on the barstools by the counter with the cake.

Shauna sits criss-crossed on the ground by our hallway, with a red solo cup full of orange juice.
The kids are all in playpens with stuffed animals and toys piled a mile high around the playpens. Maddie, and Olivia shriek, when I look at them, and Hunter just looks lost, as usual.

Abby stares at him intentionally, though.

"Awwwww! I can already tell that Hunter and Abby will be a couple, maybe married someday!" Christina squeals.

Chris was probably right, but I would never admit it, though. they were only about six months in age difference, Abby being five months old, and Hunter being eleven months old.

"Chris, it's too early to start talking about that kind of stuff!" I scold.

"Yeeaaakkkky!" Maddie and Olivia gurgle at the same time, while waving their arms up and down in the air. "Kids!" I say, and walk over to them, hugging them, and telling them how much I love them.

Once I turn around, I smile, and run to Tobias, who is standing directly underneath the banner, admiring his fine work.

I hug him, and he is surprised at first, but soon relaxes. "Tris. The only bad news I have that I need to tell you is that the pediatrician said that the kids would be about three months behind in development, because of the poison in their systems."

I sigh, and just say "It'll be okay. Our kids are soldiers. I'm not going to let this ruin our mood though. This is supposed to be a happy event." I can feel him sigh underneath my weight, and I just want to cry.

I just wish that something in my life could go right. Everything was just finally starting to get good, but something has to come and wreck that train.

Being Kidnapped. My children almost dying. Initiates after Tobias.

I push those thoughts out of my mind, and think about the good stuff happening today.

I place my head into the crook of Tobias's neck, and whisper in his ear "I love you so much. You know that right?" "Yes." He replies, "I love you, too." He adds.

"Where did you guys get all of these party supplies, anyway?" I ask, pulling away from his hug, and looking back around to the rest of our friends, mainly Uriah and Zeke, though.

"We know a guy." Uriah says, winking, and putting his pointer finger and thumb together, to form a perfect sign.

I roll my eyes.

I go to the kitchen, and fill up a cup with some of the Orange Dauntless Fizzy Soda.

I love this stuff. It's practically like alcohol for people who can't drink it.

We spent the rest of the afternoon eating Dauntless Chocolate Cake, talking, and playing truth or dare, on Zeke's behalf.

---PAGE BREAK---

After today, I learned that even with a bad situation comes the good things in life.

Even though my three children have been in the hospital because of some Erudite crazies, we still had fun, and had a party, to celebrate their hospital release.
Zeke has always said that when there is a bad situation, that he will be there.

He will be there, for everyone who needs him, and a shoulder to cry on.

I realize that now, I have to be there for him. He just found out that his mother, Hanna, is sick with a life threatening disease, that existed a long, long time ago. Some disease called Ebola.

The doctors in the infirmary only expect her to live another week, and only doctors are allowed to see her, because her condition is quite contagious.

---PAGE BREAK---

As I lay in bed that night, I think of all this. Tobias is already asleep, and snoring.

He looks a lot younger in his sleep, like all that happened during the duration of his child never happened.

I soon turn over, and wrap my arms around his large, soft torso, and think about happy things.
I son feel sleep pull me into a deep abyss of darkness.

•__________________________•

Yeah, I just made that Ebola reference. But, she might survive! Hmmmm.... Something to think about, and something to look for as we continue to read the story.

Problems, and good things will happen.

Vote! Comment! Let me know how I can improve this story!