Chapter 23

Zeke's eyes circle the room as he decides on his victim.

"Uriah... My brother. Candor or the Dauntless?" He asks, waving his hand in a fancy motion.

"Who am I? Do you think I'm a Pansycake? Hella to da no! Dauntless all the way!" He shouts, causing the room to erupt in laughter.

"Okay... I dare you to go into the pit, and, ummm... Oh!!! I dare you to go into the pit, and go to one of the plant shops." Zeke stops, catching his breath, and Uriah says, "So that's it?".

Zeke answers with giving Uriah a slap to the face, and telling him "No... Once you go into the plant shop, find the biggest Venus Fly Trap available, and try to shove your whole thing in it."

Uriah gulps, and gets up to go to do the dare. Zeke follows him, rubbing his hands together like an evil villain.

When they come back, they show us the video, and I'm rolling on the floor with laughter.

It was hilarious. You could hear Uriah screaming the whole time, and saying unintelligible things.

Uriah's eyes sweep the room, and he picks his next victim.

"Tris-" he starts. "Candor." I say, and add "Don't yell out Pansycake!"

"Okay. Your truth is, ummm..." He says, and just then, it looks like a lightbulb was actually over his head. "What's Four's first name?" He asks, looking at me with his eyes wide.

I quickly slide my shirt over my head, and Tobias mouths me a 'Thank You'. This goes on for about another hour, and then we leave.

Maddie, Hunter, and Olivia would not stop crying... The whole way home. It was horrible. Even when we got home, they were still crying.

I went into the kitchen to make bottles while Tobias went and changed their diapers. "Tris! Their diapers are clean! That's not the problem. Maybe they're tired." He shouts to me, while I'm finishing the bottles.

I walk in, and begin to feed them, but they won't drink anything. Finally, we decide to put them to bed. We go and get into bed, and we can't fall asleep. They keep crying.

"Tobias," I start. "I think that we need to take them to the infirmary tomorrow morning."

He nods his head. Soon, sleep pulls me into a deep abyss.

👶👶👶👶👶👶👶👶👶👶👶👶

What do you think is wrong with the kids?

A/N:

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but if I kept going, it would've had to stop in a weird place. So, I'm sorry.

I'm working on another chapter, and I'll try to post it before I have to go with Olivia and Hunter for our All-Region Band auditions.

I play: Flute

Hunter plays: Trumpet

Olivia plays: Saxophone

Wish us luck!!!

🎺🎷🎺🎷🎺🎷🎺🎷🎺🎷🎺🎷