Chapter 13 --- A Day Out of Town

Start from the beginning

He didn't react to what I've said, instead he came closer until we were only centimeters away. His eyes on mine, his hot, minty breath on my cheeks. What does he want? "...why do you keep on changing the subject, Cass?" he asks me softly.

I gasped to myself. I couldn't breathe. "Was that your question?" I whispered. His eyes continued to pierce into mine and he leaned closer.

"What do you think is my answer, Miss Evans?" he continued to speak ever so softly.

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. Not even air. What was I supposed to say?

*Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep*

His alarm saved me! My mouth was going to dry when his alarm rang. I don't know why he has an alarm right now but I am thankful that he has it now!

James finally sighed and walked to the kitchen island where his phone was while I straightened myself up from our little 'intimate' moment, if that's what you call it. He got his phone and turned the alarm off, making me wonder what that was for.

"You ready, Cass?" he asks.

"Y-yeah." I replied coolly.

He looks at me again but I don't know what it means. Maybe he noticed that he was looking at me because he finally shook his head. "Let's go." he says and starts heading for the door in a quick pace. Ugh, what's wrong with this guy?

I just rolled my eyes and started picking up my own pace so I could catch up with him.

--

So...yeah, we were on the road until James wanted to stop by Starbucks. We're going to Starbucks for our date? Did he just forget that I hate coffee? How many times have I stated that I hate coffee? Well, since I'll be with him for the rest of who knows until when, I might as well just accept the fact that my future husband is a coffee addict.

We climbed out of the car and I wore my sunglasses that were tinted so dark. I just hope no one will recognize me.

James and I entered Starbucks, and yes, the smell. I couldn't handle it. I told James that I would get us a table and he agreed that I'd wait there. I found a table in the middle and I looked around if I saw anyone I could recognize. Luckily, there was none. You can't help but feel the pressure if someone catches you. Someone catches you and you are doomed.

*Ping*

'Hey, guuurl. How are your royalty lessons? Figured out the difference between sparkling wine and club soda?'

Oh, Hannah. I laughed to myself.

'No royalty lessons today. We're out of the house today.'

'OOOOOOOOOOOH. YOU'RE ON A DATE??? WITH MR. HUGHES?????'

'Yep..'

'What are you two lovebirds doing? R u gonna watch a movie? Lunch date?'

'I don't know honestly'

'Ok just tell me tomorrow. Have fun on ur first date!!!! xxx'

"Who are you texting?" the voice came from James who was holding our drinks. Looks like I'm having a cold drink again.

"It was just Hannah. Who did you think I was talking to?" I said as I kept my phone in my jacket's pocket.

"Anyone actually. Can be that guy over there." he pointed at a man in the corner busy reading.

I scoffed in a pissed manner at James. "You think I'd give my number to someone I don't know? I am not a hoe, James."

"Good. I don't want any other guy getting your number unless I know the person."