Chapter 14---Meet My Future Wife, Cassidy

Cassidy's P.O.V.

I cannot explain how I feel with being inside a room filled with flower arrangements, nor could my nose either. As much as I love how they look like, I did not expect myself to be surrounded by this many flowers this early. I only imagined being in this situation when I am lying inside a coffin. Well, I don't actually believe that there will be flowers for me. Hardly anyone knows me, plus if I did die, I am not certain that I will be lying in a coffin. Who knows? I might be burned into ashes or buried underground even before I have my funeral.

But honestly, I did not expect that I will be choosing my wedding bouquet.

"Cassidy, I think these are just divine!" Natalie exclaimed, holding an extravagant bouquet, and I do believe that every single expensive flower was there, not to mention the design besides the flowers themselves. I was talking about those crystals. Swarovski, I believe.

"Uhh...those look beautiful, Mom, but..." how do I say this to her?

"You can tell me anything, Cass, dear. No need to be shy, darling." She says as she continues admiring and examining the bouquet.

"D-doesn't that bouquet look a bit too..." open the dictionary inside your brain, Cassidy. Talk without hurting her feelings.

Natalie just looks at me with her brows lifted wanting to have my opinion on the bouquet. And I swear she even opened her mouth when I can't even find the exact words to tell her.

"Too..."

She sighed lightly and closed her eyes. "It's a bit too much, isn't it?"

I shrugged. "...a little." As soon as I saw how Natalie reacted to what I said, I wish I just kept it to myself. "Nat-Mom, I did not mean it. All I wanted to say was-"

"No, no, no, Cassidy. It's just that..." she did not finish her sentence. Shoot. That's it. I am done. Natalie takes a deep breath and took a seat on the nearest chair.

"I'm sorry..." I said as softly as I can.

Natalie's lips curved into a sweet smile. "No need to apologize, Cassidy. It's all my fault. I am just overwhelmed and excited for this event. This is such a joyous occasion for everyone, and I hope you are also excited for this."

"I am, Mom."

"It's okay if you admit you are not, dear. Really, you can. And I will respect whatever you feel right now. As for me, I hope you can find the heart to understand why I am excited. First of all, it's my eldest son's wedding, second...I always dreamed of doing this for my daughter. Unfortunately, I was not blessed with one of my own. Cassidy, I treat you as my own daughter and I will keep it that way as long as I live."

I was moved by what Natalie said, especially when I examined her face. It was a face that has the word sincere and longing all over. All she wanted was to have a daughter to love, and looking forward in helping and preparing for her daughter's big day. I don't see any mother not dreaming of helping her daughter on her wedding. Of course my biological mother is an exception to that.

"But of course." Natalie suddenly chirped. "Cassidy, this is also your wedding so that means you are still in charge on what you want to see in your wedding."

I scratched the back of my neck. "Actually, Mom...I kinda need your help because, I don't remember attending nor seeing an actual wedding or at least see what a wedding looks like nowadays. Can you help me with everything?"

Natalie's eyes lit up as soon as I asked her and her entire mood changed from something so negative into something positive. It was like she found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. "Alright then. It is your wedding afterall that also includes your bouquet of course. Do you have any preferences for flowers, Cassidy? Or would you want a catalog for--"

Hero [T/S Relationship & Arranged Marriage]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara