Chapter 10---May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

I grunted my eyes open to see that I was in a small puddle of my own blood. My hands and feet were tied and there was a handkerchief in between my teeth.

"Pathetic waste!" and another smack to my face, causing a cut in the corner of my lips.

I. Never. Complain.

He fists my hair backwards forcefully, I wish my neck broke at that moment. "So, you think you've seen the last of me, eh?" he laughs like a stupid maniac before throwing my face to the rough cement floor.

I was the matchstick, the floor was the side of the matchbox, and my face was burning and filled with scars that were so painful! I felt a strong grip on my neck as he starts dragging my entire head to the floor, making me scream to the top of my lungs.

"No one will hear you, Cassidy." the mad man sang. "You weren't even beautiful, why do the effort?" he lifted up my neck. "Look straight." he whispered in my ear. His breath was like a dead rat in the sewer that made me sick.

I couldn't even open my eyes because of the pain. I felt my whole body being pushed to the floor again because, I disobeyed. It was really a struggle. I got to open them, but there were bits of the concrete like sand that got in my eyes making it more painful.

I heard him walk forward and he was gone in the shadow. I waited, and waited, and he came back. This time, I heard his footsteps along with rattling chains.

I felt a tear fall from my eye when I saw that he had James all wrapped in metal, rusty chains. Why is he here? How did he found him?

He pushed James towards me but we were a meter away. He was wrapped like Houdini. And he saved his head from hitting the floor, but he struggled. "Cassidy?" he called.

"James!" I muffled in the handkerchief.

"We're going to make it, I promise." a black eye suddenly appears out of no where on his face.

I heard the man laugh as he watched us. He had a tight grip on my face and removed the handkerchief off my mouth. "See your little husband here, Cassidy?" he forcefully pushes my face towards James. "Have a good look at him before I kill him."

"No, please, daddy!" I started begging. "Don't do this to him! Free him, daddy, please!" I begged on his knees with overflowing tears. I don't want this for James! "Please...please. Take me. Kill me if you have to! Just set him free!"

"Aww." he cooed. "If I killed you, where would be the fun there?" he pulls out his gun at James. "When I count to 'three', I'll pull this trigger that will go straight to his brain, Cassidy."

"B*stard!" I spat on his face.

"One." he warned.

I looked over at James, and I couldn't do anything to save him! I want to save him!