Chapter 11---What Is This Feeling?

Quote: "You don't need someone to complete you. You only need someone to accept you completely."

Song: "Demons" cover by Christina Grimmie (originally by Imagine Dragons)

Dedication: @SoulReader1016 the person who unconditionally accepted me into his life no matter how shattered I am and even he knew I had my own 'demons' in life.  as he said himself, "No matter how much life drags you down, there will always be a reason to fight back and face the world.". I am very thankful for him existing in my life.

**

Cassidy's P.O.V.

For some reason, Natalie was sitting in our living room. I wonder why. And how did she even get in? Oh, right. She bought the house, stupid.

"Getting along better and better each day, I see?" she smirked. Of course she is James' mother. You have to expect that in a day we will be all cuddly-lovey-dovey-mushy. It's normal...I think.

"We're doing okay, mom." James rushes to Natalie and kisses her cheeks as a sign of courtesy. I followed along and did the same. He stood beside me, and I expected him to hold my waist and pull me in close to pretend that we are as close as she is expecting. But I just raised my hopes up.

I waged my luck too hard.

James leaned in my ear. He was so close, I could still smell his cologne he sprayed on this morning. It was a unique scent. Only James has it. "Why are you pouting?" he whispered. The words weren't very affectionate, but it instantly sent tingles throughout my body.

I mentally rolled my eyes, masking my body response. "Pouting? I'm not pouting." I said back.

"Yes, you are. Don't pout." he taps his finger on my lips ever so feather-light. "Would you stop looking so cute?"

"I'm sorry, that's quite impossible." I teased.

"Aw, look at you both!" Natalie cooed like she was talking to babies. "Cassidy, dear, how are you?"

"I'm okay, I guess. Thanks, mom." I smiled.

"That's great! And we need to schedule our mother and daughter-in-law outing on Friday." she chirped. Oh...that outing. What are we going to do? "James! Where are your manners?"

My eyes shot back at James. He wasn't picking his nose or anything. He was just standing. "Sorry." James chuckled. "Water, tea, coffee?" he made his way into the kitchen.

"I'm fine, dear. Don't fret." Natalie says.

Seriously? That was also James' facial expression. She asked him to show some courtesy and offer her a drink and then she isn't even interested to have one. All James' efforts were useless.

=============================================================================