Chapter 16 --- The Show Must Go On

Natalie's P.O.V.

"One more picture, ma'am." The photographer says and my heart bursts with overflowing happiness for my beautiful Cassidy as I see her pose near the window of the room.

She's in full gear already! In a beautiful lace gown that just makes her breathtakingly stunning. I tried to talk her into having two dresses today, but she told me that one dress is enough for the ceremony and reception. Her point was having to savor the dress we purchased and make the most out of it, so we've made it very special. It was plain when she tried it on, but the designer made the dress come to life in her new sketch.

The top had a high neck and long sleeves. Her skirt was in an A-Line with beautiful silver gems and stones as a belt. The veil was at a Cathedral length, which was actually one of my suggestions, and it looked best that way. Her hair was in a wavy updo with some of her baby hair falling down, and sitting with pride on her hair was the new heirloom being passed. She wore diamond drop earrings that matched her engagement ring perfectly; delicately small but breathtaking.

I'm happy. I am overjoyed with what I see, and at the moment while she is having her pictures taken, I see her smiling genuinely. It was a smile that was so pure, so raw.

At first I hesitated and wanted to give up on the decisions I've made, but this time, I am proud with what I've done. I saved a remarkably beautiful woman who finally knew her directions in life.

"That was beautiful, Cass! I can't wait to see all of the pictures soon!" Hannah chimed. I am glad this young lady is Cassidy's best friend. They complement by supporting each other. I've learned that she was also being bullied by the students at school, but they joined forces to just ignore everything.

"Okay, that'll be all here in the room, we'll head out to the venue, will that be fine?" One of the photographers asked me.

"Yes, you may. Thank you so much." I said and they replied with a nod before leaving.

When they left, Cassidy let out a huff. "I'm getting a bit hungry. Why is it so energy draining to be a bride?" She asks me.

Laughing at her question, Hannah quickly stepped forward. "As your Maid of Honor, I shall get us some snacks. What would you want, Cass?"

"Simply ask Franz, my dear. He'll know what to do." I replied.

"Alright then, Mrs. Hughes."

"For the tenth time, it's Helena."

"It still feels awkward calling my teacher's mom by her first name...but okay. I'll be out." She just says in the quirkiest way possible, I can't help but giggle when she left the room.

Cassidy on the other hand wasn't feeling it. She started breathing heavily as her nerves kicked in. "Mom, can I get out of this dress for a bit? I still have an hour til the wedding starts, can I please breathe for a while?" She asks me.

I quickly got her bridal robe and satin dress as a reply. As quickly and carefully as I can, I removed first her veil and then helped her with the dress. Changing her carefully to avoid ruining her hair and makeup, I managed to let my dear daughter breathe.

She immediately sat down on the bed and did her breathing exercises. I remember when I felt that way, but something tells me it wasn't just wedding jitters she's having. "Darling, are you really okay?" I finally asked.

"I don't know, Mom...I just feel so guilty right now. I'm now going to be the worst wife to James when the ceremony finishes. I'll be the unfaithful, lying, disoriented, and pitiful bride!" She starts. I gently rubbed her back to calm her down.