Chapter 17 --- Until My Last Breath

A/N: Hi lovies! This is going to be one of the most emotional and heart-tugging chapters I have made in this book, and there will be more. This is just maybe intensity 5, and from here, we will be going up until our very last chapter...which is a handful more haha! But seriously, this was one of the most long-thought parts in this book as well as the next ones so I hope you'll appreciate this chapter as much as I love it being rewinded and played in my head. Here's the instrumental version of "Saturn" by Sleeping At Last, and I would usually have you guys play it at a certain scene, but since this is somewhat intense and a suspenseful in a good way, I suggest you play it while  reading the entire chapter. See you at the end! :D

--

Cassidy's P.O.V.

At the moment. I am to have a heart attack or a panic attack. It just occurred 150% that I am now married. And what do married people do? This will definitely be the death of me.

The wedding was magical, minus the fact of the incident this morning which added to my anxiety of this wedding night. James will have to see everything but may not know everything. This was my prayer. One of my greatest fears is not to have my body physically naked but my soul. And this moment right now is a manifestation of both. I do not have the intention of depriving James with his needs, but my fear is getting to me.

I've done my research. Even now in our modern times, the wife's role is the same. But what the hell am I thinking?

"Hello, wife." James' voice made me jump in the car. We were on our way to who knows. I was deep in my thoughts, staring outside the window. My response made James worried and he instantly had me in his arms apologizing for startling me.

"I'm okay, James. I'm fine." I reassured him and I squeeze his hand. He kisses it in return.

"It's not the first time we've been alone together, but this feels different." He feels it too?

"Quite different, yes." I whisper as a reply.

"Don't worry that much, Cassidy. Think of this as a vacation in the middle of the school year." He jokes.

"Yes and when we get back, loads of schoolwork will crush me." I said joking back.

"I won't let myself be a widower for at least the next fifty years, Cass. It's all taken cared of. You won't miss much. This month and the next are mostly on school events and all sorts."

Fifty years? Can I survive even a year? "Well...okay."

"I mean, unless you'd want to attend the events, I don't mind as well."

"No thank you." I replied. He would really think I'd attend school events?

"Alright. I don't either. I'd like to attend to my wife for a few days." he said.

Oh, no. The nerves are at it again. "Attend?" I can't believe I said that out loud!

I saw James blush a little from his choice of words. "Attend...to spend time with you, make you my priority, to really get to know you more."

"Oh..." I just said in return. It was all I could let out.

James' brows furrowed as he held my hands. "Cass, your hands are cold and shaking. Are you sure you're okay?" he held them with both of his hands and blew on my hands, rubbing them afterwards.

"I'm f-fine really..."

"If this is about what happened this morning, you don't need to worry anymore, my angel. We're pretty much safe with a handful of security and the incident is being investigated. Your father will come nowhere near us, I promise you that." he says and kisses my hands, then continues to warm them up.