Chapter 12---So Far, So Good...?

Cassidy's P.O.V.

(A/N: play video on the side---> "Illusory Light" by Sarah Blasko)

I wish I could just sleep forever. When will that be, I wonder? I haven't experienced the best sleep until now. I began to think. Is it a school day? Stupid. It's Saturday.

I carefully stretched, avoiding the areas of my body which have bruises. Trying to find a cool spot, I turned to the opposite side. It wasn't until I could smell a minty breath that I opened my eyes slowly. James was a few inches away from me, and from the looks of it, I knew he was watching me sleep.

I don't know when was the last time we were this close for a while without talking. Or maybe this may be the first time this happened. James was smiling ever since I woke up slowly. "Good morning, beautiful he said."

I couldn't help but blush. I found it humiliating so I threw my face to the pillow. "I'm not beautiful, James." I mumbled.

He laughs softly and I felt the bed dip. "Yes, you are. Stop being so humble." I felt him hold my waist, gently twisting me around to face him. I rolled my eyes at him but his eyes were still on my face. "You're so beautiful." his finger caressed my cheek.

How can someone say that to me? I am not the words he said. I am not beautiful. "James..."

He chuckles and shakes his head. "No, Cass. Don't argue with me when I compliment you."

"I don't like compliments, then."

"You'll learn how to accept them. As for now, believe me when I do say you are." his words were breathtaking no matter how he says them. Say the words, James. I'll say them when you do.

"You describe me as beautiful. What is beautiful with a girl filled with ugly physical scars with a shredded heart?" my eyes focused on his. James is an Adonis. I can't see anything on him that is unattractive.

He takes my hand into his and places a light peck on my knuckles. "You are beautiful. Those scars will heal one day. Even your heart is beautiful. It is not shredded. If it is, I will mend it into whole."

Oh, James. If only I had the courage to tell you.

James' blue eyes pierced into mine as he continued. "Cassidy, when I see you, all I see is goodness. You may have scars from the past, but I can see past through that. I see Cassidy, a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart who is easy to love." my heart can't stop melting.

How can I do such things to James like this? Why am I keeping him everything that is about me, and he is willing to open up everything on his mind?

"Angel, why are you crying?" I felt his thumb wipe off a stray tear from the corner of my eye. I didn't even notice it. "Tell me, please?"

I don't know what to say, honestly. "James...I know it's unfair. You're being very honest, and thank you for that...I just wish I can tell you things easier and--"