Chapter 5---Goodbye, Rags and Hello, Dresses!

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"You okay?" James made me jump. We are in his car going to his house.

"Yeah." I lied.

I looked outside the window. This day was eventful...and hell.

1.) I didn't sleep well.

2.) I broke down far too many times.

3.) I may even lost my only friend in school!

4.) Miss Klein likes my fiancé...I'm not jealous. I'm just stating observations, for your information.

5.) I saw my father in James.

I just saw my father in James when he shook me. I was angry the whole day, and one of the ways I let the emotions out is by scribbling. I scribble and scribble until the paper gets torn, the marker would get broken, or just until I won't feel like it anymore.

At least that was the only thing I had in mind at that time. That wasn't the only way I get my emotions out.

I cut.

I cut until I'm satisfied.

I cut until the pain is unbearable.

I cut until the blood from my body drips on the floor.

Back to what happened earlier. At one moment, I was in his classroom, when he shook me, my vision changed and I felt like I was in my bedroom and not in James' classroom. It was very clear.

I was tied up, sitting on the chair, and my room was dark, and the moonlight was the only source of light.

I remember when my father always shakes me harshly right until my brain felt like a smoothie. After shaking me, he would push my chair backward leaving me unconscious. Praying for death to come.

I always wanted to die. Everyday was misery. I never wanted to see the sunrise the other day. I also ask myself why I still get to wake up.

My parents were right. I never deserved to live.

I was always a burden to them, and now they gave me to James' family. I guess, they also think of me as a burden. They're just acting nice.

Maybe even James. I'm making him uncomfortable when I'm around.

...and they don't even know about my illness yet.

I love my life...note the sarcasm.

"Cassidy!" James made me jump...once more. God, just don't let your mind slip away easily, Cass!

"Yeah?" I cocked my head to his direction.

"I was asking if you're hungry." James' eyes were on the road.

Before I could answer his question, my stomach growled furiously. Darn, why do you have to act like this, stomach? You were never like this with my family!

James was trying to hide his chuckle while I rolled my eyes. "Alright, Cassidy..." he smirked.

I scoffed. "I haven't said anything, James."

"That is when your body does the talking. Come on, Cass. If you need anything, just tell me." thanks a lot, tummy.

I popped in my earphones and browsed through the play list of my new phone just to escape this conversation. I was listening to Pink when James pulled over at a McDonald's Drive Thru. I muffled mentally at myself. James is spending on me again.

"What do you want, Cass?" James asked me before his window went down.

I shrugged. Look, I don't care if everything on the menu looks and sounds delicious. I'm just being a courteous young lady that I am and let him do things.