Chapter 4---Just A Little Misunderstanding

Cassidy's P.O.V.

He...loves...me?

He loves me!

He loves me?

He loves me!

He said he loves me?

SHUT THE HELL UP, CASSIDY!

No...no, no, no, no, no, NO!

When James said that, I rushed outside to get to my next class which was Music with the new teacher.

Oh my God. Did James really said those words?

'...because I love you, Cass.'

He didn't mean that, right?

'...because I love you, Cass.'

He probably just said that. Nothing more.

'...because I love you, Cass.'

It was now a mantra always chanting inside my head. I can't get the words out of my mind! It's driving me crazy!

"Miss Evans?!" Miss Klein caught my attention, making me jump and get a hold of myself. Was I lost in thoughts again?

"Y-yes, Miss Klein?" I cleared my throat.

"Are you alright, Cassidy?" that was when I realized that everyone was gone. I was the only student there inside the classroom. She walked towards where I was sitting and sat on one of the tables. "Is there something bothering you?" she asks in a concerned tone.

I lightly scratched my forehead. "No, Miss Klein." I lied.

"You're not yourself today. Would you tell me what's wrong?"

"I-I wish I could. But you won't really understand." I looked down at my hands.

"Tell me. That's what teachers do. Help their students not only with their studies, but also with what they're going through." she gave me a hopeful smile.

"It's really complicated. And I'm not really into telling random people about myself."

She nodded. "It looks like you only trust Mr. Hughes." she chuckled. Oh, thanks for reminding him again.

I scoffed. "I don't."

"Really? I thought you were with him. Earlier during lunch, he was looking for you and I told him I saw you walking near his office. And when I told him that, he was like a sprinter in the Olympics running out of the teacher's lounge." she starts laughing.