Chapter 2---Going Once, Twice...SOLD!

"Don't you remember I'm your baby girl? How could you throw me right out of your world? So young when the pain had begun. Now forever afraid of being loved..."    -For The Love Of A Daughter

**

Cassidy's P.O.V.

What is Mr. Hughes doing at my house?

He has that pissed look on his face as he climbed out the car, but the minute he laid eyes on me, I saw his face turn pale.

I have a bad feeling about this.

=============================================================================

James' P.O.V.

Arranged Marriage? Arranged Marriage my ass. This is a joke, right? Are they trying to ruin my first day?

They handed me a picture of her but I just ignored it and got myself a cup of coffee.

"She is very pretty, James. I saw her walking to the store one time, but I didn't talk to her."

"Shut up, Carlos." I took a sip of coffee and I can eye the picture on the table. A blondie.

"Come on, James. I saw her too. She looked..." my mother stopped. It seems like she was finding the right word to describe her. "...fragile." she mumbled.

I scoffed. "Fragile?" she would describe her as fragile?

"She's...different." of course she is.

I just rolled my eyes. They are making me marry a stranger, and defending myself is useless. The papers are already running and I have no choice but to do this.

I checked my watch and I still have an hour before I leave. This is my first day at work and I don't wanna be late.

I sat down beside my mom and brother and I placed my cup of coffee in front of me. "Tell me everything, mom. I really have no choice but to do everything, so tell me all the things I need to know." yeah, like I really care.

This is annoying really.

She sighed before telling me her side of the story. "...her parents sold her to us..."

WHAT?! What kind of parents would sell their own child? This should be illegal!

"...and I don't like the girls you bring to this house. So we arranged everything out." I can't believe this. I leaned back on my chair and ran my fingers through my hair.

"You hate everyone I bring in here." I muttered and finished my cup of coffee.

So it continued on. My mom keeps on talking about this girl and I don't know. My mind is off this marriage thing. I can sometimes imagine this girl taking advantage of everything. Like only agreeing to this marriage because of sex and all...

"...she does the household chores at their house..."

Oh, lucky. She's Cinderella and I guess I'm Prince Charming. Whoopie!

"But..." my mom stopped. Now this is getting interesting.

"What, mom? I wanna know." half lie.

She closed her eyes and sighed again. "...she's being abused by her parents."

My eyes were widened. "She's what?" how heartless can her parents get? "Does her folks know that you know about it?"

"No. I got someone to do that for me. I had someone follow their every move."

"And this girl's name is?" I finally asked.

"Her name is Ca--"

"Hey, James, you still have work to do." my father suddenly appears in the kitchen as I check my watch. He's not kidding though. Did mom really waste 30 minutes of my time just talking about this girl?