Chapter 13 --- A Day Out of Town

Cassidy's P.O.V.

Cassidy, no. You are not falling for Mr. James Ivan Hughes

There are multiple reasons why I shouldn't fall for him:

1.) He is my teacher.

2.) Not my type.

3.) He is not THAT attractive. He just has that sex appeal.

4.) He is my teacher.

5.) HE IS MY TEACHER.

But what are the odds anyway if you are arranged to be with him as long as oxygen enters your body?

I knew this day would come. Correction, days. The day that James would ask me out, and the day that I have to admit that I am under his spell. I did not expect this day to come this early. He can ask me out at the day of my death. He doesn't have to know. I don't know if I'll tell him. I won't.

"CASSIDY!"

Huh? Was I overthinking again?

"You alright there, Cass?" how did James get so close to me? He was just a few feet away!

"Y-y-yeah, why?" oh, dear God. Here comes the babbling. I just realized how matching James' shirt is with his eyes. Woah, Cassidy, did you just say that out loud in your mind?

"Are you sure?" he asks again but now slowly, giving me the assurance that he is really asking because of concern. "You are lost in your own bubble again. Is there something bothering you?" his brows furrowed a bit.

"No. Nothing at all...I-I was just thinking..." come on, Cassidy, make something up!

James' arms folded over his chest. "Thinking of?" his eyes were fixed on mine. If I look somewhere else, I would be caught. The look he has on his eyes is making me feel the guilt throughout my body. Either way, it's a hard choice.

I cocked my head towards the pitcher of water, and my feet led me to where it was placed. I grabbed a glass from the dishwasher and poured myself a halway through glass of water.

"Cassidy..." James called my attention. He was walking pass the kitchen counter to where I was standing exactly when I took a sip of water. "What were you thinking of?" he asked me.

I finished my water in time for me to collect my thoughts. "I was just thinking where we might go. You know, that first date jitters and that excitement as they call it." really, smoothe. Pat on the back, me.

His face relaxed and he arched his brows for a nanosecond. "Excited are we?" he smirks.

Am I even excited? I don't know! I am nervous because I don't know what to expect in a date. Hannah told me stories of dates and I find them cheesy. Once she told me of the dates in the movies she used to watch. She would tell me different versions of candlelit dinners with the rose petals on he floor, and other cheesy stuff. Should I take these things one of what I should expect?

"I have a question for you, Cass."

I scoffed. "Obvious that you'll ask me, James. I'm the only person here besides you." Unless you want to talk to that frying pan on the stove, which I believe deserves an apology for burning the ham." I pouted playfully at him. Yep, James burnt the ham last night. He was planning on surprising me with his ability to cook other food other than eggs. I guess he'll just stick to the eggs and away with anything else that is edible.

He rolled his eyes making me chuckle. "Fine, I will not try to cook without you knowing."

"Good. Another rule you must follow in this household if you don't want this house and ourselves in ashes at the end of the day." I took my glass and placed it on the sink for now. As soon as I turned around, I almost had a heart attack from James. He was only inches away from me. I couldn't help but let out a yelp and panted. My heart was pounding hard. "James! If you want me to live long you have to stop that!"