Chapter 19 --- How?

Author's Note: we have two songs for this chapter but I can't add multiple vids in a chapter so here are the songs and respective scenes:

1.) "Confessions" by City and Color in the school setting part.

2.) "Two" by Sleeping At Last after the school setting until the end of the chapter.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and the songs as much as I did, patching up the events in my head. See you in a bit!

**

Chloe's P.O.V.

I was smothered in kisses by my love as we enjoy the late Friday night. Finally! After a week of stressing over hormonal and emotional teenagers, I finally get to be with this amazing man.

"Why are you up?" I asked him.

"I'm just going to finish some work, babe. I have a deadline to catch. I wasn't paid largely to slack off." He answered back as he puts his pajamas on.

"Why can't you have someone do those for you?" I pouted. Maybe if I looked at him like Ayesha, our sweet Persian Cat, he would give in. But no, my fiancée had to choose work over me.

He kisses me passionately once more and tucks some stray hair on my face behind my ear. "This family isn't the usual ones we've handled, love. What they paid me is enough for us to have a stress-free honeymoon in Paris for a month. I'll be in the studio and I'll come to bed as soon as I finish. I only have the last hundred shots to work with then do the large prints."

With that I let him be. When you're in a relationship with a photographer, you want to expect having someone take your pictures all the time like those posts on social media, but the truth is, you're also married to his work. Thankfully my work keeps me busy and away from those thoughts away. As long as he loves me and we get married next month, it will be worth it.

And don't get me started on his female muses too.

James got married. Good for him. After two weeks of substitution in some of his classes, it will be my turn soon. And he'll experience this soon. I laugh at the thought. Oh, Hughes.

I couldn't sleep really because all week I was aching for Lucas' arms around me as I slept. He always knew how to make me feel safe. My stomach suddenly growled as I remember we didn't have dinner even though we were hungry...but it looks like we were hungry for something else.

Putting my robe on, I made my way to the kitchen to make some sandwiches for us. I figured this would be something he'd want since he's working. A filling grilled ham and cheese would be okay.

When I finished, I opened a bag of potato chips and put some beside the sandwiches, making my way to his studio in the basement. Our basement was entirely his workplace. Originally it was for a storage use but Lucas made it a point to convert it into a studio instead.

As I expected, I saw him glued to the screen as he was editing some pictures on his monitor. He has gadgets that make me wonder how on earth he uses them. As for this scenario, it looked like a notepad with a pen.

He was working on a reception shot and it looked so beautiful and elegant. I watch as his magical hands, and yes they do quite get magical, enhance the picture and he brings out so much life and depth in his editing. Putting his watermark as a signal he's finished, he moves on to the next one.

He looks behind his shoulder and sees me with a smile. He lets me sit on his lap as I laid the plates on his other table beside his workplace.

"I made sandwiches. It just occurred to me that we didn't have dinner. I was going to make something else but then I thought you'd be working." I said and his eyes never left the screen.