30

Hi friends! please vote before you read the new chapter :) btw LIGHTS UP IS AMAZING omg.

...

Harry Styles

A glass filled with ice and scotch was positioned on the edge of my desk. My hands were folded behind my back as I stared down at the stage through the window. The dancers were having their final practice before the big show tonight.

I spotted Vicky giving a few dancers instructions as she put her hair in a ponytail. Whenever she was given the opportunity to help out with the choreography, she did an amazing job. I didn't mind to watch her all day long, but my attention was drawn to Ethan who entered my office without knocking.

"The traffic was absolutely horrific today." He complained.

"You know the traffic in LA is the worst." I commented as I grabbed the drink from my desk. My hand was wrapped around the cold glass.

He poured himself a drink too as he continued to complain about his drive to the club. I didn't pay a lot of attention to his story about the old lady in the red Porsche, but I pretended I did.

Ethan opened his jacket and sat down on the couch. He rubbed his forehead before taking a deep breath. It didn't matter if he had been living in this city for a while, he couldn't get used to the number of cars on the road. LA was a busy place and it easily annoyed the shit out of him. Maybe he liked Italy more than LA.

"I interviewed a new make-up artist yesterday. I think I've found a replacement for Marcel." Ethan announced. He sounded proud of his accomplishment.

"Marcel is irreplaceable." I stated and the glass touched my lips.

"Yeah, he was one of a kind." Ethan whispered. "Do you want to meet her before I offer her the job?"

"If you think she fits the requirements, you can hire her." I let him know.

Quickly I finished my drink before I opened one of the drawers of my desk. I had put a document in a blue binder and approached Ethan casually. He looked up once he noticed I was coming closer and his brows were knitted together. He had a puzzled look on his face before he realized I wanted him to have the paperwork that was in my hand.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared for whatever was going to come.

His eyes scanned the words that were printed on the white paper.

I felt the atmosphere change in the room and wondered what would happen next. I had thought about all kinds of scenarios, but needed to deal with his real-life reaction.

"Is this a joke?" Ethan asked.

"I don't think so." I replied coldly.

I stepped away and moved back to my desk.

His head shot up as he stared bitterly at me. "Is this a fucking joke?" he questioned me again. He gripped the arm of the couch strongly.

"I don't fucking think so." I said once more.

"Why are you ending our contract? Why are you firing me when I've done nothing wrong?!" Ethan spat.

"Because I own the Moulin Rouge, so I can do whatever I please." I said, but he shook his head in disagreement.

Once he stood up, I saw how his hands were balled into fists. "You can't fire me without a proper reason." He pointed out with confidence. "We both signed a contract that stated we would run this club together, Harry."

"A contract becomes invalid once I figure out I can't trust you. I shouldn't have let you get involved in the first place." I made him clear forthwith.