20

Harry Styles

''Harry, what are you-''

''Can I come in?''

Vicky looked around herself whilst being conflicted. I shoved my sweaty hands in the pockets of my jeans. Clearly, she wasn't sure whether she wanted me to come inside or tell me to go back home.

I knew what I wanted, and that was being with her.

''S-sure.'' She spoke, eventually.

She didn't sound convinced of her own answer.

As I entered the beach house, memories of years ago came back to me. Louis and I stayed here regularly to have a few drinks and escape our responsibilities. Yet we had stopped coming around for a long time, since we couldn't get time off anymore.

I blinked with my eyes, only to be brought back to reality. I had followed Vicky to the kitchen where she had been occupying herself for some time. The scent of the cookies she was baking smelled delicious.

Also, I couldn't get over the fact how adorable she looked while wearing the apron.

But I wasn't here to tell her how she looked, I was here to tell her what happened a few minutes ago back at my house.

''Why are you here?'' She asked me, already bringing up the topic herself.

''I broke up with Emma.'' I said.

Vicky nodded with her head and pressed her lips together in a thin line. Somehow, she didn't look cheerful to me.

''Why would you break up with her?''

''Didn't you think I would?''

''Honestly, no I didn't.'' She replied

Then she continued with what she was doing before I came around. She kept her focus on everything but me.

I was astonished by the way she acted towards me. Not in a positive way.

''Why not?''

She put all of it down rapidly before she turned around to face me. ''Because,'' Vicky began. ''You could've left her so many times and you didn't.''

''So that automatically means I'd never break up with her?''

''No that's not what I'm saying, Styles.'' She said, this time raising her voice slightly, and she pinched the bridge of her nose.

It was frustrating to know that I came by and we weren't talking to each other with happiness in our voices. Vicky was angry at me.

''I didn't think you would break up with her, since you couldn't decide what to do when you were in hospital. I haven't seen your face for three weeks, and this is the first thing I hear when I see you again. Don't you understand it confuses me?''

I nodded, ''I shouldn't have said it like that.'' I apologized. ''It wasn't a smart thing to do.''

She picked up the cutlery again.

I watched how she tried to avoid my gaze or a conversation.

''She threw a welcome back party,'' I started.

I didn't bring it up because I wanted her to feel sorry for me, but I wanted Vicky to know what had happened. I knew she was curious to know why things ended between Emma and I.

''I thought I was coming home to an empty lot, a peaceful place. But it was extremely crowded. She invited people who hadn't talked to me from the moment I got into the accident.''