07

Vicky West

I couldn't say a word when Emma was standing in the door-opening. Louis was behind her – fear appeared in his eyes and it was impossible to ask Louis for help. We were all screwed; I had lied about knowing Harry, Louis hadn't been honest about the way they parted and Harry had never mentioned me.

It felt unreal to be in this position like it should've never come this far in the first place.

"Harry,'' Emma spoke with anger in her voice. ''What the hell is going on?''

Her hands were trembling, and I thought she was going to drop the bottle of wine within seconds. Thankfully, Louis grabbed the bottle and removed it from her grip – putting it safely on the kitchen counter far away.

''Em,'' He started – and I almost wanted to vomit when he used a nickname. ''This is Vicky.'' He said confidently without showing shame. As if he shouldn't worry about anything.

''The Vicky?'' She questioned, and her bottom lip was trembling.

Harry nodded his head in response. Maybe he was too afraid to say it aloud.

I, on the other hand, was amazed that Emma used the words The Vicky. Like I was known for something big. Clearly, she did know about my existence – she just didn't know how I looked like.

I saw how one tear strolled down her cheek, and I felt sorry for Emma being put into this situation. She wasn't my friend, but I'd never want anyone to feel that pain. I almost could feel her pain. It was brutal.

Everyone was mute, and you could feel the tension grow in the room. No one said a thing, and if there was something that was absolutely painful then it had to be utter silence.

''Excuse me.'' Emma said, and she turned around to leave the living room – only the three of us were left.

My eyes shifted to Louis, who looked at me helplessly. I moved to Harry who was moving uncomfortably from one leg to another. Then he wanted to walk the other direction, but I grabbed his wrist – I couldn't help but feel electricity because of his touch. It was so familiar. I hadn't felt his skin for two years.

But, perchance, I felt things that weren't present. I was unable to read his mind – and in the past I had been continually wrong about his thoughts. I made sure to focus myself on the current situation without letting myself get lost in my mind.

''Don't you dare, Harry.'' I threatened him.

''What?'' He scoffed. ''Let me go.''

He tried to get out of my grip, but it didn't work.

''No, Harry.'' I didn't recognize my own voice at this point.

His attention was aimed on his wrist that I was holding firmly, and he said; ''What are you doing?'' He asked this time – more combative than previously. His brows were pulled downwards.

''I know you are good at running away, but you are going after her. Right now. You are going to be honest. Tell her what happened and how sorry you are.'' I demanded. ''You can't let this happen again.''

Slowly but surely, I let his wrist go.

His eyes moved to his wrist, and he touched it. Like he wanted to feel my hand around his skin once again. Still, since we had been incredibly distance for a long period of time . . . I could hardly describe what he could possibly feel when I was around.

His eyes shifted towards Louis, searching for confirmation – Louis nodded. Harry stared at me once again, but I didn't feel the desire to tell him to stay inside. He had to get after her. So Harry walked away to follow Emma towards the garden – leaving Louis and I behind.