Lush Trilogy - Christmas Special

New York City

3 years later - Christmas

"Did you have fun at the local supermarket?" I asked Harry when he stumbled inside with multiple paper bags in his arms.

"It was packed!" he said after putting the groceries on the kitchen counter and sighing deeply. "I saw two women fight over Christmas cookies."

"And what did you do? Stop them from pulling at each other's hair?"

"No, I watched them." Harry let me know before shooting me a playful smile. "Don't worry, babe." He began as he approached me to plant a lush kiss on my lips. "No one died in there."

"No one died in there? You almost got me killed, Styles!" I snickered as I heard Louis entering our apartment. He held several bottles of wine in his hands for tonight's meal. "Why did I have to be the one to solve the supermarket drama?" He questioned and then eyes his friend skeptically, sounding exhausted after their trip to the nearest grocery store.

"I was convinced they wouldn't mind you stepping in. Also, you're wonderful at negotiating." Harry spoke up as he turned around to face his best friend. Louis rolled his eyes at Harry after he had pronounced those words aloud. "Next time, I'll be the one to jump in between them. I promise." He stated, holding his hands up in defense. Then he started to unpack the paper bags.

"Where are my girls actually?" Louis questioned me as he glanced around himself while he unbuttoned his black coat.

"They are upstairs. Red wanted to read a bedtime story before Lola's nap."

"She keeps on using Lola's naptime as an excuse to sleep as well."

"Then you shouldn't have gotten her pregnant, again!" I responded.

"Have you seen how adorable our Lola looks? We've got to have another kid." Louis said. "I bet you'd say the same thing if you were in my shoes."

"I doubt that." I replied and shot him a wink.

Then we heard footsteps coming from the stairs followed by two people who had just woken up. Red held her adorable little redhead wrapped in her arms. She protected her at all costs.

Whenever Red was back to her role as a mother, she looked fearless – as if she could shield her daughter from everything and everyone.

However, the beginning of motherhood hadn't been easy for her because she was afraid she had no idea how to raise a child. Luckily, Red began to realize she could be one of the most spectacular mothers in the entire world. She talked to other women who just had their first child, she read lots of books about parenthood and accepted the fact she would doubtlessly make mistakes along the way – which is more than normal. And then, at some point, all of it became so natural to her.

"Dad!" Little Lola yelled with excitement when she saw her father in the kitchen. It was very adorable to see her opening up her tiny arms; ready to get a hold of Louis.

"Lo!" Louis replied happily. Of course, he walked up to his daughter so they could hold each other tightly.

"I have slept for two hours and I still feel exhausted." Red complained to me when she opened a cupboard to get herself a glass of water. Apparently, Lola had been the only one who enjoyed their naptime together.

"Four more months, Red." I tried to encourage her.

"Yeah, easy for you to say, Vicky. You don't have to carry this gigantic bump everywhere you go while keeping your eyes on a cheeky toddler." She claimed and rested her head on my shoulder. "It will all be worth it, though."